This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/31/2016
Gerber Technology, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
For nearly half a century, Gerber Technology has been helping companies around the world develop, manufacture and take their products to market smarter, faster and more efficiently. Today, the company provides integrated software and hardware solutions to more than 78,000 customers in the aerospace, construction, furniture, fashion & apparel, transportation, technical textiles, packaging, wind energy and sign & graphics industries, including over 100 Fortune 500 companies in 130 countries.
Gerber Technology has an opening for a Junior Quality Engineer. The primary focus of this position will be to develop quality planning and process initiatives, establishing these initiatives with our suppliers, and driving process control and improvement methodologies throughout the supply chain, to include: quality assurance testing of details, subassemblies, and final product.
* Identify and prioritize quality issues, conduct root cause analysis; identify and deploy corrective actions
* Provide technical expertise to ensure/resolve quality issues through the application of a variety of quality tools.
* Provide technical guidance to incoming inspection on new and existing parts.
* Qualify inspection fixtures from suppliers.
* Identify opportunities for improvement within internal and external production processes and systems.
* Participate on cross functional NPD teams, ensuring smooth transfer of products to production.
* Set up and maintain formal control system for CAR notification & tracking.
* Resolve and close out CAR's from Engineering.
* Set up and maintain Control Plans database on Gerber intranet by supplier.
* Set up and maintain FAIs database on Gerber intranet by supplier.
* Primary interface with Gerber's supply base on all quality-related issues.
* Address supplier quality concerns; Formalize minimum quality systems requirements for suppliers; audit supplier quality systems; Consult with suppliers on ways to upgrade quality systems and inspection gauging.
* Proactively consult with Inspection personnel to develop appropriate Inspection Methods Sheets and Inspection Qualification Plans for parts received to inspection.
* Actively participate in Continuous Improvement efforts in the department, both participating in and leading efforts.
* Bachelors degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering or other relevant field required.
* 0-2 years technical experience in Quality Engineering; manufacturing environment preferred.
* Proven ability to work with suppliers on quality-related technical and process improvements.
* Background/working knowledge of quality tools, including but not limited to: Statistical Process Control, Process Certification, Failure Modes Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Design of Experiments (DOE).
* An understanding of lean principles is required.
* DMAIC and 6-Sigma knowledge (ie. Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control) preferred.
* Strong computer skills in MS Word, Excel, Access, database software, and SPC software.
* Strong project management skills.
* Change agent with excellent ability to follow through and drive process change.
* Strong analytical skills and accomplished problem solver.
* Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
* Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
* Ability to travel 25% (travel may be higher initially as Gerber ramps up these efforts).
Gerber Technology, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, color, religion, gender, age, veterans status, disability, or sexual orientation.