Jr. Software Programmer*
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: #3668
Title: Jr. Software Programmer*
Date Posted: 09/13/2016
Job Location: Lexington Massachusetts
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED
Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain a Security Clearance for access to classified information.
Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) require the ability to detect and avoid impending conflicts with other aircraft. To support this objective, Odyssey Systems is developing a prototype next generation Airborne Collision Avoidance System (called ACAS X ) along with a modeling and simulation environment in which the prototypes can be tested prior to flight testing.
The Laboratory is also collaborating with several other organizations in a series of system operational flight tests. As part of those operational experiments, some versions of the prototype ACAS X software are carried aboard experimental aircraft to assess system performance in a real flight environment.
A Jr. Software Programmer is needed to participate in development of airborne safety systems. The specific focus of this position is system architecture, design, implementation and test in both a simulation environment and for actual flight tests.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Collaborate with other ACAS X system development personnel to convert system architecture and software requirements into system implementations. The assignment includes module and system tests to ensure proper implementation.
* MS in computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics, or computer engineering and at least 1 year of applicable experience are required.
Experience and knowledge in the following areas are required:
* Object-oriented programming languages including Java and C/C++
* MATLAB script development
* Developing, debugging, testing, and executing software in Windows and Linux environments
* Source code and version control management, with revision control systems such as SVN or Git
* Solid understanding of the agile software engineering process
* Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain an active DoD Secret clearance
A highly successful candidate will have the following special skills:
* familiarity with parallel processing and inter-process communication
* Experience in interpreted languages, such as Julia or Python
* Experience with software configuration management
* Formal software development processes, software architecture, and VV&A processes, including for example CMMI and DoD VV&A
* Software validation
* Experience with JSON, Protobuf, and SQL-based databases.
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
* Location: Lexington, Ma
* Travel: Non-Anticipated
* Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI).
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran.
Additional BenefitsTuition Assistance
Health care off-set
Short and Long Term Disability