Jr. Systems Administrator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Sabre Systems Inc.
PATUXENT RIVER, MD
Sabre Systems, Inc. is currently looking for a Jr.
System Administrator/POC to work in Lexington Park, MD.
Candidate will work closely with the Systems
Administration team assisting with installing software,
applying patches, managing file systems, creating user
groups, reviewing log files, and diagnosing and solving
permissions issues. In addition, the candidate will be
monitoring performance and troubleshooting alerts from
DoD, commercial, open source and local monitoring tools.
Candidate will also be the Point of Contact for the all
NMCI duties. Other duties include:
* NMCI asset tracking (printers, computers, software,
custodians, in some cases scanners and copiers).
* Ordering of new/replacement NMCI assets for new and
changing staff requirements.
* Ordering of NMCI-approved software.
* Creating/reactivating NMCI accounts.
* Managing annual NMCI tech refresh (computer
* Participating in regular asset data calls
* Participating in regular 5.0 POC and NMCI War Room
* Placing NMCI Move, Add, Change (MAC) requests for
asset moves and changes.
* Submitting group move requests (includes users,
network printer moves and new installations).
* Providing feedback and guidance on current
squadron/program needs and future requirements such
as new buildings, renovations, moves, and upgrades
as it relates to NMCI.
* The candidate will also provide general IT
support/troubleshooting for F-18 personnel.
Located in Southern Maryland, Pax River is situated on
the Chesapeake Bay near the mouth of the Patuxent River
occupying approximately 14,500 acres. The base features
onsite gym, cafeteria, golf course, bowling center and
* The ability to manage multiple projects
* High School diploma and 2 years of experience.
* Some working knowledge of server-side software
technologies to include; Windows 2003, LDAP, Group
Policy, Permissions Management, Network Security,
Network Infrastructure and SQL Server and IIS.
* Written and verbal communications skills.
Candidate must have a current secret clearance and be
able to obtain a Top Secret. Candidates will be required
to pass a background check for this position.
Sabre offers customers integrated end-to-end solutions
focused around analytics; aviation systems; command,
control, communications, computers, intelligence,
surveillance and reconnaissance (C4ISR); and cyber. This
solutions strategy is built upon the strength of our
technical competencies in engineering, information
technology, software development, program management
support, and logistics.
For over 25 years, Sabre s talented professionals have
provided the insight and expertise to help solve
critical challenges facing our nation. At Sabre, we
greatly value our employees. Our employees know that
their contributions make a real difference for their
customers, their company, their communities and
themselves. We respect the unique perspectives that a
diverse workforce of minorities, women, individuals with
disabilities, and protected veterans brings not only to
our company, but also to our customers.
Sabre provides an excellent benefits package which
includes healthcare, paid days off, tuition
reimbursement, and a 401K plan. To learn more about
positions at Sabre please visit us on the web at
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled