Jr. UUV Operator Technician Rotating Deployment to Bahrain
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJr. UUV Operator/ Technician (Rotating Deployment to Bahrain)Job ID:
Jr. UUV Operator/ Technician (Rotating Deployment to Bahrain) REQ ID:
San Diego, CA Job Description:
Harris Corp., is seeking a Junior UUV Operator/Technician to support US Navy small UUV operations in San Diego with periodic deployments to Bahrain. The Junior UUV Operator position will integrate into a small team charged with operations and maintenance of small UUVs (MK 18 UUV Family of Systems) in the support of US Navy mine countermeasures (MCM) missions Supporting both SPAWAR San Diego and the U.S. Fifth Fleet Area of Responsibility. Assigned mission tasking will support data collection and analysis for mine countermeasures objectives in various harbor areas, littorals and shipping lanes. UUV operations will be conducted from small boats deployed from shore, embarked on various Navy Units Afloat and from Forward Operating bases. Position requires mandatory travel with projected rotational deployments to 5thFleet AOR (Bahrain, Persian Gulf) for up to six months. Deployment time may be increased as desired. Operational tasking may include:
Support of SPAWAR San Diego and US Navy Forces for OCONUS Mine Countermeasure (MCM) Response for MCM operations tasking, including Ongoing UUV experimentation of emerging technologies related to UUV mission. CONUS training and UUV experimentation will occur in San Diego, CA. and/or locations to be determined. Qualifications:
Bachelors Degree and 0 - 3 years of directly related experience, or an Associate's degree and 2+ plus years; without a degree, 8+ years of equivalent technical experience is required. Required Experience:* Candidate should have either military experience or civilian equivalent in one or more of the following areas:
Unmanned or remotely operated systems, Naval marine mammal support, anti-submarine warfare sensor operator, mine warfare operator, or maritime operations experience.
* Technical background in mechanical or electrical field
* Willing to work a minimum of 6 months in Bahrain (travel and lodging provided by company) Physical requirements:* Physical within the last 12 months due to possible remote locations of operations
* Requirement to handle man portable UUVs, must meet the MILSTD for carrying limits Highly Desired experience:* At least 2 years unmanned or remotely operated systems, Naval marine mammal support, anti-submarine warfare sensor operator, or mine warfare operator* US Navy experience
* Small UUV operator (MK 18 Mod1/2 UUV)
* Small craft coxswain qualified
* Side scan sonar and ROV operator experience
* Small UUV test and evaluation experience
* UUV Post Mission Analysis; experience in sonar analysis, target identification and reporting procedures
* Knowledge in Basic Electricity and Electronic Troubleshooting
* Relevant maritime operations skills and experience This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain a Secret security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship. An active Secret clearance is preferred. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise --Technical Education Bachelors (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full Time Location USA - CA - San Diego .