Junior Accounting/Financial Analyst (3437)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
Logistics Management Institute
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
Junior Accounting/Financial Analyst
Position is on the research staff of a not-for-profit government consulting organization headquartered in McLean, VA. Position will be based out of Washington DC.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The job is located downtown in DC and the responsibilities include a variety of daily, weekly, monthly, and periodic tracking, internal controls, reporting, and analytical tasks in the Accounting/Financial area. Examples include:
* Creating and analyzing financial statements
* Reviewing and creating analyses of financial operations
* Reviewing and developing financial/accounting policies and procedures
* Analyzing financial data
* Status updates of financial obligations across fiscal years
* Tracking and analyzing credit card transactions for integrity
* Analyzing and testing internal controls
* Tracking invoices
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Working in this area requires someone who can identify, pull, and manipulate large amounts of data and reduce it to trends and identify exceptions that might need further analysis by the senior-level budget analysts. Specific skills necessary to be able to do these tasks include:
* Good mathematical and quantitative abilities
* Strong knowledge of Excel
* Strong Basic knowledge of Access
* Ability to learn various financial systems
* Ability to obtain information in person, by phone, or by e-mail
* Ability to track multiple priorities, be flexible, and meet deadlines
* * BA/BS in accounting, finance, economics, business, or related field preferred, but not required.
* * One plus years work experience and background in accounting, internal controls, financial, or budget analysis.
* * Excellent command of English grammar with strong verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to compose, edit and proofread business correspondence.
* * Available for occasional travel.
* * Applicants selected for this position could be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. For this position, LMI will only consider applicants who are eligible for security clearances. Please note that only US Citizens are eligible to obtain a security clearance.
LMI is an equal opportunity employer
Washington DC, District of Columbia, United States
LMI is committed to the fair treatment of all and to our policy of providing applicants and employees with equal employment opportunities. LMI recruits, hires, trains, and promotes people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other factors protected by applicable law. We welcome applications for employment from qualified disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other covered veterans.