Junior Application Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
Fort Mill, SC
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
Reporting to the Manufacturing Applications Manager, your role will be as Junior Application Analyst supporting the Domtar Pulp and Paper s production, product tracking, quality and inventory management systems.
More specifically, you will have to:
* Gather and document business requirements and functional specifications for configuration requirements in collaboration with other IT teams as needed.
* Use your expertise and experience in this field to guide and mentor team members and users, providing solutions that fit the current needs of the company as well as the longer term strategy.
* Perform configuration, unit test, manage integration and user acceptance testing and coordinate implementations on projects and change requests
* Provide Level 1 and 2 support for the production environment.
* Be available during business hours, and as required, after hours to provide support.
* Review and assess future release functionalities and emerging technology and identify opportunities to enhance functionality to support the business.
You must successfully complete a selection process that includes interviews, aptitude tests (for some positions), criminal background investigation, references verification and pre-employment drug-screening.
* You have a BA/BS degree in a IT related field of study or equivalent experience
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in IT
* Minimum of 1 years of experience as a functional analyst in a manufacturing environment is the primary skillset.
* The ability and willingness to travel to manufacturing facilities is essential. Travel is typically less than 10% but will be more initially and during projects.
* Experience in the pulp & paper industry is a plus.
* Experience with other product tracking and quality systems like OptiVision, AutoProd, QiSoft is a plus.
* Proven effective planning and analytical skills.
* Strong skills in problem solving and critical thinking.
* Excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Proven interpersonal and communication skills.
* Ability to converse in French a plus.
* Strong teaming skills, ability to work with diverse teams, multiple organizational levels and across business functions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.