Junior Billing Coordinator 8/24/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JUNIOR BILLING COORDINATOR
LEGAL SECRETARY WITH ELITE BILLING EXPERIENCE WHO WANTS TO TRANSITION INTO BILLING DEPARTMENT OF MAJOR LAW FIRM OR JUNIOR BILLER
Assist Billing Partners with the administration of unbilled inventory and the preparation of client billings, including manual billings and electronic filings also completing and submitting monthly accruals.
Reports to Billing Supervisor. Interacts with attorneys, management team, secretarial staff and clients.
* Preparation and processing of transactional monthly and quarterly client billings. (manual and electronic filings).
* Completes and submits monthly accruals.
* Generation of pre-billing reports to be distributed to partners.
* Processing of modifications/adjustments to transactions identified on pre-billing reports.
* Responds to and resolves billing inquiries from attorneys, secretarial staff and management team.
* Interactions with partners to manage monthly billings.
* Special projects as requested.
Education: Bachelor's degreepreferred, but not mandatory.
Experience: 3-5 years similar experience with another law firm.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Position also requires a dependable; detail oriented team player with a "willing" attitude and excellent communication skills. Must be responsible, hardworking, organized, and able to prioritize work.
JOB SPECIFIC SKILLS
Knowledge of billing processes and related software applications.
All positions require punctuality and regular attendance.
Knowledge of Elite accounting system, Internet based electronic billing experience, proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.