Junior Business Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job ID:
Investment Banking and Capital Markets
JUNIOR BUSINESS ANALYST
CREDIT SUISSE COMPANY OVERVIEW
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking and asset management capabilities. Founded in 1856, Credit Suisse has expanded to be a global force employing over 45,000 people in 50 countries. With new leadership, a new strategy and a streamlined global organization, we are set for growth. We partner across businesses, divisions and regions to create innovative solutions to meet the needs of our clients and to help our employees grow. It is a high priority for us to continually invest in our employees by providing ongoing opportunities for training, networking and mobility. Join us and let's shape the future of Credit Suisse together.
The Investment Banking Capital Markets (IBCM) Junior Business Analyst role is centered on assisting with a wide variety of Management Information System (MIS) reporting, expense recovery, and invoicing processes for the Europe IBD Division within Credit Suisse. The approved candidate will report to the Assistant Vice President locally who in turn reports to a Vice President in London.
To understand the IBCM business, the role will have significant contact with a broad range of Credit Suisse reporting functions (Payroll, CRES, Expense Management, Tax, Syndicate Accounting and Product Control). Additionally, the role benefits from direct exposure to IBD Front Office clients and regular contact with the Global IBCM CFO team based in New York.
The incumbent will also gain an excellent grounding in understanding the key drivers of IBCM s business, along with understanding the more wide ranging month-end processes. Activities include:
* Preparing a wide variety of MIS information for IBCM Management in London that covers a number of aspects of business performance.
* Assisting with the preparation of IBCM EMEA invoices for all Coverage and Product groups.
* Ensuring all appropriate expenses are considered for invoicing and communication on these matters to the IBCM Front office is seamless.
* Monitoring EMEA's overall client expense recovery rates and identifying any significant issues.
* Assisting in client coverage management
* Providing Share of Wallet analyses and reports
* Providing regular financial reports to COO and Group Heads
* Following up on any MIS related queries in a timely manner.
* Ownership of various individual expense accounts e.g. Legal and Consulting.
* Working closely with the IBCM Chief Financial Officer (CFO) team (Globally and Locally), Product Control and Syndicate Accounting.
* Ensuring adequate controls are in place to affirm data integrity and soundness of all financial deliverables.
* Ensuring the EMEA IBCM weekly timesheet process is fully completed on a timely basis.
* While this role is initially a junior level support role, an excellent performer will have numerous opportunities to take on additional responsibilities and develop a solid platform. This role will expose the candidate to a breadth of issues across Investment Banking product groups and functional areas.
* Assist in the formation, development and implementation of Group strategy working closely with the IBCM EMEA CFO team and COOs.
* Accounting/Finance degree preferred
* 2+ year s experience; financial institution preferred; familiarity with Investment Banking helpful
* Solid Excel skills are definitely required
* Experience of Business Objects also very useful
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Experience with Credit Suisse or similar systems helpful (Essbase, Peoplesoft)
* Ability to generate meaningful and practical analytics on specific areas of interest in timely and accurate manner
* Ability to multitask and operate effectively in tight deadline environment
* High level of attention to detail
* Ability to work earlier hours to overlap with London working hours
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.