Junior Business Development Strategist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
Cherokee Nation Businesses
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Cherokee Nation Businesses' Federal Solutions companies provide a full spectrum of IT services, management, consulting, medical and professional services and technology solutions. The companies also offer management and support of programs, projects, professionals and technical staff. With employees in more than 30 states, CNB's Federal Solutions sector has a proven track record of more than a decade of success with 200+ government and commercial clients. This award-winning organization uses robust processes, established contract vehicles and exceptional technical expertise to deliver stand out results.
We are in need of a Junior Business Development Strategist who will work with Executive Leadership and Business Development Team to identify new markets and analyze winning approach for new business opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following (Other duties may be assigned):
• Assist with forecasting and long-term strategic master planning. Responsible for identifying and researching new market initiatives, assessing new markets and analyzing new business opportunities.
• Work with Executive team to manage overall business development pipeline and prioritization.
• Accompany executive team on sales meetings, gather information and prepare brief and recap documents, take meeting notes tracking action items and serve as second point of contact, send follow-up meeting emails and/or materials as needed.
• Identify and research competitive threats to assist with development of counter & win strategy.
• Support effective and efficient lines of communication with Support Departments.
• Adhere to CNB policies and procedures.
• Identify and coordinate needed document development facilitating reviews and approvals.
• Perform web based and government publication research and develop and maintain factual data bases and lead generation tools to assist the Business Development process.
• Support the Business Development (BD) prompt and provide input for generation of marketing literature, identifying and scheduling contacts, and coordinate business meetings, create briefing material, and facilitate BD reporting (written reports, meetings, and teleconferences).
• Develop creative briefs and communicate strategic objectives to internal team members to ensure alignment with strategy.
• Represent Cherokee Nation Businesses to outside firms and legislators, when appropriate, to advocate for the advancement of that Tribal 8(a) Business Development Program.
• Understand what existing and potential customers need from us to deliver “best in business” services.
• Travel Required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of related experience. Preferred candidate will have direct experience with government contracting and SBA’s Native 8(a) Business Development program.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Government Contracting Knowledge
• Ability to establish key relationships within government contracting
• The ability to analyze federal contracting data to identify trends using Bloomberg Government’s Contract Intelligence Tool
• Willingness to travel to customer sites, including regular overnight, out of town travel
• Ability to multi-task and meet tight project deadlines
• Extreme organization and attention to detail
• Highly task-oriented, yet flexible personality
• Experience with Salesforce a plus
• Demonstrated excellent writing, editing, communication and presentation development skills
• Advanced level of proficiency in technology required including MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
• Problem solver, entrepreneurial attitude and team player desired.
• Must be self-directed and capable of working in a fast paced, ambiguous environment.
• High internal drive and intellectual curiosity with the ability to learn
• Experience with federal government proposals
• Experience with project management, negotiating sales contracts, generating revenue and establishing sales quota targets
• Understanding of government budgeting and acquisition process
• Working knowledge of competing firms in the Tribal 8(a) market that employ similar business models as CNB Federal Solutions
• Experience working directly with government officials in a sales or lobbying capacity
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Apply to Job #10471 online at www.cherokee-cms.com
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit the following two sites:
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, click here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf