Junior Client Analyst - Employee Benefits
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
Willis North America Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title: Junior Client Analyst - Employee Benefits
Location: Charlotte, NC
Willis Towers Watson (NASDAQ: WLTW ) is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 39,000 employees in more than 120 territories. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Unlock your potential at Willis Towers Watson.
HUMAN CAPITAL AND BENEFITS
High-performing institutions cultivate and grow talent, carefully balancing costs and rewards. From employee benefits to executive compensation, we take a rounded perspective, based on leading-edge thinking, data, analytics and software, unearthing new ways to motivate people, foster wellbeing and implement solutions that work.
Junior Client Analyst in the Human Capital and Benefits Practice is responsible for supporting Financial Consultants in internal and external financial reporting, analysis, and presentations. Additionally, they provide administrative support to the Group while training for promotion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Design and manage financial reporting deliverables for Willis Clients with a strict adherence to stated deadlines, including but not limited to: o Provide support to Financial Consultants in financial reporting and renewal analysis
o Obtain data from carrier representatives or web portals for benefit plan experience and utilization reporting
o Manipulate and organize data as needed for financial analysis, client reporting, and forecasting * Enter data accurately into pre-established formats for analysis as required; assist in customizing formats as needed
* Gather and analyze benefit plan renewal and; model variances of plan features and costs as directed by Service Team
* Help author and structure client deliverables; including communications, spreadsheets and presentations
* Ensure that transactional activities are processed in accordance with standard operating procedures
* Work with Service Team and carriers as directed by manager via telephone, video conferencing and email
* Coordinate completion and peer review Monthly and Quarterly Dashboard Reports with HCP Support Team (Mumbai) with strict adherence to stated deadlines set by Service Team
* Prepare client specific benchmarking reports in power point and excel on plan design and prevalence of employee benefits with a understanding of specific criteria such as employer size, industry, geography and/or plan types.
* Prepare Geo Access Analysis and Disruption Analysis for self-funded going to market.
* Contribution modeling
* Comply with Willis Excellence Model (WEM) program
* Acquire on-the-job knowledge of industry concepts and approaches to Employee Benefit
* Develop strong working relationship with assigned Service Team
* All other duties and project work as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* High proficiency in desktop computer applications including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Powerpoint and Advanced MS Excel acumen required
* Strong analytical skills
* Outstanding organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
* Bachelor s degree required, major in Math, Economics, or Finance a plus
* Driver's license required
* Occasional air travel
* Life & Health Insurance License a plus (required after 1 year of service)
* Basic understanding of medical and non-medical overages preferred
* Basic understanding of fully insured and partial self-funding preferred
* Populates required data in HCR impact tool and will develop the ability to trouble shoot or interpret results
* Strong analytical, math and problem solving skills
* Ability to influence and negotiate
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Project Management skills
* Continually improves knowledge and skill proficiency
* Takes responsibility for own development needs
WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU*
Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k and an employee stock purchase plan as well as many other options to full time employees.
Willis Towers Watson is publicly traded on the NASDAQ (WLTW). Additional information on Willis may be found on its web site: www.willistowerswatson.com.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson.
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. Our continued success depends greatly on our ability to fully and effectively employ qualified persons, regardless of race, color, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, military status, ancestry, gender, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable human rights or equal opportunity legislation.
We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
Willis is an Equal Opportunity Employer who supports Diversity Minority / Female/ Disability / Veteran.