Junior Interior Designer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJunior Interior Designer
Gensler s Charlotte office is an award-winning, international design practice committed to creating design that stimulates and inspires; design that tells the story of place, of institutional and individual aspiration, and of synergy between the natural and built realms. We are currently seeking a Junior Interior Designer to assist in design assignments using professional concepts and procedures with demonstrated, innovative design solutions for both immediate and future hiring needs.
* Assists other team members with selecting FF&E, color and materials for client presentations
* Provides design support for completion/execution of design concepts
* Provides solutions to design problems and generates design plans
* Reviews pricing, materials and customization for projects
* Participates in field surveying of client spaces
* Participates in the construction administration of projects and review of submittals and finish samples
* Contributes to office activities, initiatives, and learning programs
* 1-3 years experience ; strongly prefer experience working on corporate interior design projects
* Bachelor's degree in related field, with a rigorous design education
* Knowledge of FF&E, color and material is required
* Knowledge of Construction Documents and procedures
* Flexibility to focus on a single client with a variety of project types or multiple projects in various stages of development
* Strong leadership, communication and relationship management skills
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
* Outstanding graphic presentation skills
* Revit skills are highly valued
* Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketch Up and 3-D Studio Max preferred
* Collaborative and team-conscious
* Self-starting, responsible, and highly motivated individual
Please submit work samples along with your resume and cover letter.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply