Junior-Level Software Developer-Engineer - ACES SED-2012-137
Applied Research Associates, Inc. - Raleigh, NC
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Junior-Level Software Developer/Engineer - ACES
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA) is seeking a versatile research scientist/engineer for a career position at the Southeast Division in Raleigh, NC. We are recruiting for a mid-level software developer with diverse skills and interest in developing software that uses crowdsourcing to improve predictions related to economics, politics, technology, and medicine for the intelligence community (IC). The successful candidate will join the Remote Sensing and Decision Analytics Group, a multi-disciplined collaborative team of engineers and scientists researching and developing software applications/ systems for the intelligence and defense communities.
The new position targets individuals desiring challenging technical work and continual learning in probabilistic forecasting. Job responsibilities include full life-cycle development: gather requirements, design algorithms, develop, code, test, and debug new software or enhancements to existing software under direction from senior developers/engineers. Our development approach fosters communication and collaboration across multiple scientific disciplines, and provides all members of our teams opportunities to contribute creatively to our projects. The successful applicant must have skills in analysis and design of software components in an object-oriented environment. This position support ARA’s growing work load in application development for national intelligence analysts and probabilistic forecasters.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, or related technical field with a GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Eligibility to apply for and hold a US security clearance (selected applicants will undergo a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements at the time of employment).
- Experience developing software in Java and C++
- Familiarity with development tools such as Eclipse, Visual Studio, or NetBeans
- Familiarity with configuration management systems such as SVN or ClearCase is a plus
- Strong oral presentation and written communication skills
- Education or experience in engineering, business economics, and/or psychology are pluses
- Experience using MATLAB is a plus
Additional company information:
Applied Research Associates, Inc. is a rapidly growing technology services company with an excellent national reputation and a thirty-year history of sustained growth. Our culture supports our exceptional staff of valued employees and encourages professional growth through continued higher education, participation and publication at technical conferences, and membership in professional organizations. ARA provides staff incentives and reward innovation, self-motivation, technical excellence, and promotes career advancement along established technical and leadership career tracks. ARA offers competitive salaries and outstanding benefits including stock ownership, medical and dental coverage, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, a combination 401(k) profit sharing and money purchase pension plan, annual bonuses, and professional development programs.
ARA is an EEO/AA employer.