Junior Missions System Engineer (MSE) Baseline Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
Imagine One Technology
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title: Junior Missions System Engineer (MSE) Baseline Engineer
Job Code: 7306414
Job Location: Washington, DC
Position Description: Imagine One is currently seeking a wide range of candidates for contingent openings supporting the U.S. Navy's Program Executive Office, Littoral Combat Ship (PEO LCS). PEO LCS is responsible for acquiring and maintaining the littoral mission capabilities of the littoral combat ship (LCS) class from end to end, beginning with procurement, and ending with fleet employment and sustainment.
We are looking for a Jr. Missions System Engineer (MSE) Baseline Engineer to provide engineering support to the Program Offices within PEO LCS. This individual will perform routine engineering work requiring the application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a series of related engineering tasks. This individual will provide analysis of voice/data network needs; serve as a technical resource across functional teams; and report and monitor system utilization. In particular, the individual shall provide support for the following:
* Review and validation of LCS CDRL submittals and correspondence assigned to the Mission Systems Major Program Manager (MPM).
* LCS transition and turnover book development at each LCS ship obligation work limiting date (OWLD).
* Review all LCS products and decision papers for impacts to the Warfare System Interface Diagrams (WSIDs) and advise the Mission Systems MPM on proposed changes.
* Support the Software Baseline Manager with baseline tracking and oversight for the Mission Systems (Combat Systems (CS), Ship Systems Automation (SSA), Information Assurance (IA), C4I (includes EXCOMM)) in an integration role between government activities and industry partners.
* Assist in the Mission Systems of all C5I-related Science and Technology (S&T) efforts. (i.e., Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) topic areas, ongoing LCS SBIR and S&T efforts, annual S&T investments, S&T funding sources, ongoing Technology Transition agreements/ Memoranda of Agreement (MOAs), new Technology Transition agreements, and LCS Technology Development efforts focused on achieving Technology Readiness Level (TRL)).
* Bachelor of Science in naval architecture, computer engineering, marine, mechanical or electrical engineering or other major field related to engineering.
* A BS in an unrelated engineering or science field with an additional three (3) years' experience may be substituted for the required degree.
* Required: One (1) year of professional experience in providing technical and management support to Navy ship development programs
* Desired: Three (3) years of professional experience in providing technical and management support to Navy ship development programs
* Desired: Three (3) years professional experience relative to naval acquisition, shipyard production, or ship design experience is a plus.
* Five (5) years of applicable experience is equivalent to a BS/BA Degree
* Three (3) years of experience is equivalent to an AA/AS Degree
* An MA/MBA/MS Degree is equivalent to two (2) additional years' experience
Security Requirements: U.S. Citizenship required. Candidate must have an ACTIVE SECRET clearance.
Imagine One offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary, excellent group medical, vision and dental programs. 401K savings plan; $4K annual tuition reimbursement ($5K if pursuing Master's degree); employee training, development and education programs; profit sharing; advancement opportunities; and much more! Imagine One is an Employee Owned Company!
Imagine One is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Additionally, we abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Imagine One contingent offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and Imagine One is established; namely, award of contract to the Imagine One Team. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance).