Junior Network Engineer 9/3/2016
Open Systems Technologies
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Responsibilities:
* Manage the daily activities of local and wide area network systems, perform diagnostics, schedule preventative maintenance
* Responsible for installation, administration, and testing of network servers, operating system software, hubs, routers, switches, cabling etc
* Provides response to emergency work requests
* Assist the Senior Network Engineers with developing, monitoring, and implementing network security procedures for safeguarding all networking systems
* Perform facility surveys for network communications and make recommendations for the layout and location of network components, equipment, cabling, and wiring.
* Assist with developing pricing schemes with vendors for network components, equipment, cabling, and wiring for new implementations or upgrades.
* Maintain records of work completed and in-progress; and updates network documentation to record installations, upgrades, configurations,.
* Manage network management programs and prepare network status reports.
* Assist/Support other network related tasks/requirements as directed by management.
* Available on-call to assist with trouble tickets as needed
* Manage projects and deliver on time with periodic status reports to management.
* Manage and coordinate installation of new data services
* Knowledge of design, configuration, installation, testing, and maintenance of local and wide area computer wired and wireless networks (Cisco Systems preferred).
* Knowledge of computer network characteristics, network operating system software, and network components
* Troubleshooting skills and the ability to diagnose/resolve network system problems.
* Ability to interpret and apply complex technical manuals and reference materials.
* Ability to assist with developing network security and related procedures; and assist with performing network management activities.