Services Product Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Hitachi Data Systems
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About the Role
Hitachi Data Systems is seeking an enthusiastic, experienced, and driven leader to join the Global Services Planning team as a Service Product Manager (SPM) for Software Products. This role works with, but not limited to, software products such as Hitachi Command Suite, Configuration & Management software, Adapters, and OpenStack. Contribution and thought leadership is expected in areas which increase support revenues, reduce support costs, and improve customer-self-serviceability for the assigned software products.
Responsibilities / Job Functions
* Define and develop a service and support strategy for software products, to include: writing and maintaining Product Support Plans, Service Implementation Plans, creating financial models for services, defining support roles and responsibilities.
* Manage service product life cycle and assume end-to-end Service product management, including maintaining service information/documentation in all appropriate document repositories (SharePoint, The Loop, KnowledgeBase).
* Participate in product / solutions launch planning phases with cross-functional teams:
* Scope review, GTM meeting with all stakeholders
* Product setup/configuration in Insight system, End-to-End testing for assets validation
* Coordinate Support Readiness Training
* Sign off on GA readiness
* Interface with different levels of HDS management, Support & Pricing Teams, Product Management, Product Engineering, third party partners and other Go-To Market Teams.
* Manage sourcing and vendor strategies on a tactical level.
* Assess technology offerings, capabilities, and competitors in current, as well as potentially new, areas.
* Communicate roadmap to internal stakeholders.
* Shape product requirements based on feedback from customers and key internal stakeholders.
* Maintain a pulse on the market, our competitors, and customer/stakeholder requirements.
* Proficiently use EXCEL for analyzing data and creating charts for reporting and decision-making
* Be current and forward-looking in relation to industry best practices.
* Perform other duties as assigned by management.
* Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.
* 5 years of Project Management or Product Management experience
* 5 years of experience with current industry trends/technologies: SaaS, IT Orchestration & Automation, Software-Defined-Hardware, Software-Defined-Networks, Adapters, OpenStack, Cloud, Convergence
* 5 years of experience with open management standards and APIs, orchestration and scripting tools
* 3 years of experience with customer support and product serviceability
* Solid understanding of general business & financial concepts, to include pricing, margins, costs
* Understanding of software development methodologies & processes (e.g. Agile, Extreme Programming, Lean Software development, Rapid application development, Scrum)
* Self-starter with the aptitude to function effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic organization
* Results oriented team player with high professional standards and work ethic
* Ability to perform under pressure & meet deadlines
* Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities and requirements
* Ability to demonstrate enthusiasm towards colleagues and clients
* Ability to effectively collaborate across time zones and cultures
* Ability to take conflict and redirect it towards team focused success
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills
* Comfort in both business and technical forums
* B.A. or B.S. degree from an accredited university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business required
* MBA or MSIS highly desired
* Americas-US-California-San Diego