Junior Project Management Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Junior Project Management SpecialistDescription:
IT Technical Writer (80%) and ConfigurationManagement Specialist (20%)
TheIT technical writer and configuration management specialist is responsible for creating andwriting various types of meeting reports, project plans, reference materials, userinstructions.
The TechnicalWriter shall consult with technical staff to determine format, content, andorganization of technical reports, presentations, and proposals. The TechnicalWriter shall write, edit, and produce summaries, introductions, backgrounds,and facilities sections of technical proposals. The Technical Writer shallverify that reports, presentations, and proposals are clearly written andresponsive to customer and company/client requirements. The Technical Writershall edit and rewrite technical documentation as necessary. The TechnicalWriter shall coordinate the entire production of assigned documentation andpresentations.
ConfigurationManagement Specialist is responsible for establishing, maintaining,coordinating, and executing a Configuration Management (CM) Plan, whichprovides a comprehensive audit trail of changes, updates, amendments, ormodifications to items, either developed or produced, including hardware,software, and documentation. The CMSpecialist is responsible for establishing and maintaining an appropriate CMReview Board as well as the procedures and processes necessary for this boardto be effective and responsive. The CMSpecialist should be familiar with all contracted CM requirements and theapplicable specifications and standards.
- Organize material and complete writingassignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness,style, and terminology.
- Prepare official meeting minutes forquick delivery and maintain files of documents on SharePoint.
- Edit, standardize, or make changes tomaterial prepared by other writers or establishment personnel.
- Confer with SME, stakeholders, projectteam members to establish technical specifications and to determine subjectmaterial to be developed for publication.
- Responsible for the review ofproject documentation prior to publication
- Select drawings, sketches,diagrams, charts, and screenshots to illustrate material.
- Study drawings, specifications,mockups, and product samples to integrate and delineate technology, operatingprocedure, and production sequence and detail.
- Interview production and engineeringpersonnel and read journals and other material to become familiar with producttechnologies and production methods.
- Observe production,developmental, and experimental activities to determine standard operatingprocedure and detail.
- Analyze developments in specific fieldto determine need for revisions in previously published materials and developmentof new material.
- Observe, receive, and otherwiseobtain information from all relevant sources
- Develop, design, or create newapplications, ideas, relationships, systems, or projects
- Collaborate with the project team todesign and define the screens and reports.
- Collaborate with the project team andSME's to make sure the fields flow in the right sequence, that the field labelsare clear and easily understood, and that any onscreen text or embedded helptext is clear and concise.
- Creates many different types ofuser documentation (how-to guides, quick references, quick cards, or cheatsheets, standard operating procedures (SOP), user manuals, users guides,training guides, white papers, service level agreements (SLA), and/or datastewardship agreements).
- Collaboratewith internal review of all project documentation.
- Turn drafts into smooth, tight writingthat eliminates verbosity and results in easier reading and
- better understanding.
- S)Edit written material forclarity, flow, proper English and unobtrusive grammar.
- T)Take hand drawn illustrations(e.g. workflow diagrams), re-draw them to MS Visio, and embed them intoMicrosoft Word documents.
- U) Scan documents, add meta tags, andstore in the correct project folders.
- V) Conducts research and ensures the useof proper technical terminology.
- W) Translates technical information into clear,readable documents to be used by technical and non- technical personnel.
- Y) Assists in performing financial andadministrative functions.
- Z)Other duties asassigned by the project manager.
Knowledge and Skills
- Abilityto multi-task, prioritize commitments, and manage time effectively.
- Attentionto detail and follow-through
Extensive computerexperience in office production tools, to include Word, SharePoint, Excel,Visio, and PowerPoint.
The ability to attainand retain a Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT) through Department of StateBackground Investigation is a condition of continued
Aminimum of three (3) years of related experience or anequivalent combination of education and training that provides the requiredknowledge, skills and abilities. Fluency in office tools including Word, SharePoint,Excel and PowerPoint, and a good day to day knowledge of IT systems in general. Excellent communication andorganizational skills required.
High school diploma orequivalent is required. A.S. or B.S. in an IT-related or technicalwriting/communications area is preferred. ITIL certification and/or PMP certification are a plus.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
This position routinelyuses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, networkmultifunctional printer.
The physical demandsare representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfullyperform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able towalk or stand on level and/or inclined surfaces up to two (2) hours per day andsit for up to six (6) hours per day.
- Must be able toroutinely climb / descend stairs.
- Must be able toread and interpret electronic or paper documents.
Works in a normaloffice environment with controlled temperature and lighting conditions but willtransit light warehouses with limited climate control. Willbe required to travel between several work locations within a 10 miles radiusto attend meetings and perform job functions.Tagline:
TSymmetry, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.Clearance Requirement:Location:Melbourne, Florida, United StatesIndustry:Skills: