Junior Software Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title: Junior Software Engineer
Job Number: 2016-8953
Seeking a talented Software Engineer to join our team. The candidate will work closely with systems engineers, integrators, testers and customers to design, develop and support software applications throughout the development and maintenance life cycle. The candidate must have experience and knowledge with software engineering using object oriented methodologies.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE QUALIFIED CANDIDATE INCLUDE:
* Object-oriented Java and Python programming
* Ability to design, develop, integrate and maintain new software functionality
* Ability to work with previously written code and make modifications as necessary
* Ability to work closely with other disciplines (systems, networking, IS, configuration management, and test engineers) to troubleshoot and fix problems
* Enthusiastic and energetic performer able to work in a dynamic, fast paced, and sometimes pressured environment
* Team player incorporating a team based success philosophy
* Contribute to the completion of program and project milestones under the specific guidance of his/her immediate supervisor
* Communication of complex and diverse engineering topics
* Ability to follow established SW processes and procedures, development, documentation and maintenance/management of operations concepts, requirements (system, element, segment level), external and internal interfaces, and other software engineering work products/artifacts
* United States Citizen and active Interim Secret Clearance or higher
* Minimum 2years working experience in object-oriented software design and development using JAVA
* Software and system-level debugging experience including the ability to identify problems in established code and make modifications as necessary
* Experience with software execution throughout the entire software life cycle (preliminary design through maintenance phases)
* 2+ years experience working with Unix/Linux OS based development
* 2+ years experience working with Microsoft Windows OS based development
* Experience with Python
* Work related experience with Purify
* Work related experience with XML
* Work related experience with Perl
* Completed Raytheon 6-sigma certification
* Experience with application development involving RDBMS (such as Oracle, mySQL, etc)
* Experience with UML design modeling in modeling tools such as Rational Rose, RSA, or Rhapsody
* Experience and knowledge related to Satellite Ground Systems and Ground System Operations
* Experience and knowledge related to Satellite Operations
* Experience and knowledge related to software discipline process development and deployment
* Experience with customer interaction and end-user engagement
* Experience integrating software (modules, components, subsystems)
* Experience preparing and presenting status information and technical material
* Familiarity working with other engineering disciplines (systems, hardware, test, configuration management, and quality engineering) and knowledge of how they interact with the software engineering discipline
Essential Requirements - Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will regularly sit, walk, stand and climb stairs and steps. May require walking long distance from parking to work station. Occasionally, movement that requires twisting at the neck and/or trunk more than the average person, squatting/ stooping/kneeling, reaching above the head, and forward motion will be required. The employee will continuously be required to repeat the same hand, arm, or finger motion many times. Manual and finger dexterity are essential to this position. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, depth perception and telling differences among colors. The employee must be able to communicate through speech with clients and public. Hearing requirements include conversation in both quiet and noisy environments. Lifting may require floor to waist, waist to shoulder, or shoulder to overhead movement of up to 20 pounds. This position demands tolerance for various levels of mental stress.
ISYS Technologies is an Engineering and Information Technology Company focused on providing Services to the Federal and State Government. ISYS offers a competitive compensation program and comprehensive benefits package to our employees including Health/Dental/Vision/PTO and more. ISYS Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
US Citizenship is required.