K - 12 School Nurse 8/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY As a School Nurse, you will have the opportunity to work with children in an acclaimed urban school district. The nurse is responsible for the implementation of the health program on the campus. The health program involves case management of students with chronic health conditions, medication administration, health screenings, first aid, and providing health education to students, parents, and staff for the best health and education outcome of the child. School nurses collaborate with community partners to provide resources for their students. The nurse is the liaison with the school, community, and healthcare providers.
Your regular duties entail:
* Implementing a campus health program
* Provide first aid, emergent care, medication administration and treatments as ordered by a healthcare provider.
* Case manage students with chronic health conditions, conduct health screenings with referral and follow-up; and monitoring and providing follow-up on immunization needs.
* Provide families with information on health and medical resources and assists families to access to medical care.
* Conducts specific health education for students, parents, and staff and serves as a resource to staff
The right candidate must have:
* Registered Nurse (R.N.) with a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN)
* Currently licensed as a R.N. in the State of Texas
* Minimum experience requirement - 12months as a licensed RN
* The ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds, stoop, kneel, crouch, walk, drive and/or be mobile.
If you have a passion for working with children and their families, and want to work on a teacher's contract as an RN, off in the summers, have the same holiday and school breaks as the students.
NO night shifts! Day time schedules only! Apply to Houston ISD today!!!