KS/Starter Generator Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Adecco is currently assisting a local client in their search to fill a Starter Generator Technician in Wichita. This is a Temp to Hire opportunity. As a Starter Generator Technician you will be responsible for Re-manufacturing starter generators. Apply Now if you meet the qualifications listed below
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Re-manufacture starter generators.
1. Dis-assemble units, inspect units, find parts that are broken or not functioning, order parts needed, clean unit, reassemble unit according to manufacturer's specifications.
2. Test all parts on all phases of operation
3. Perform monthly maintenance on machines.
High School Diploma
1. High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three years previous industry-related experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
2. Ability to work with close tolerances.
3. Ability to communicate verbally in one-on-one situations with co-workers, including the ability to speak simple sentences; ability to accept instruction.
4. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, work orders, and memos. Ability to read and understand blue prints and specifications. Ability to write simple correspondence.
5. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple instructions and procedures furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to perform repetitive tasks.
6. To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to operate the equipment used in the department, including but not limited to test stands, lathe, drill press, grinder, presses, micrometers and calipers.
7. Ability to interact in a positive and professional manner and to develop and maintain strong working relationships with co-workers and supervisor.
8. Strong attention to detail and focus on quality and accuracy.
9. Exhibits dependability, including following instructions; responding to supervisor's direction; and taking responsibility for own actions.
10. Ability to take initiative, including asking for and offering help when needed; performs work independently without being prompted
11. Ability to prioritize and plan work activities; use time efficiently; and work within deadlines.
12. Ability to read, speak and comprehend in the English language.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, speak and write in English. Ability to read and interpret documents such as Parts Manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
SAFETY RESPONSIBILITY: Carry out primary responsibility in educating, preventing and managing safety in the workplace. Duties shall include observing all company, health, safety and environmental rules, ensuring that employees are provided with full information on area specific safety orientation, identify all unique hazards, and provide employees with the proper equipment to carry out their jobs in a safe manner. Also, the entire work area must be routinely inspected so as to maintain a high standard of housekeeping and low incidence of physical hazards and all accidents must be promptly reported.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25-50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50-100 pounds with assistance. Specifi