This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONKanban Coordinator
HydraMaster is a Seattle based manufacturer of machinery for the professional cleaning industry. This 40 year-old market leader has both U.S and International sales and is positioned for steady growth. We are seeking a Kanban coordinator to help our inventory control team with visual replenishment. The position requires a strong knowledge of lean principles with strong knowledge of Kanban control.
This position is responsible for supporting the flow of material through manufacturing. This individual will be responsible for processing Kanban orders, updating and managing the Kanban database, tracking and recording supplier delivery performance and communicating supply issues for an assigned just-in-time production line.
This individual will continuously monitor material distribution to ensure safe and efficient supply to manufacturing. Effective communication supported by a philosophy of continuous improvement and standard work are essential.
Minimum of one year production and inventory control experience
Strong background in Kanban implementation, control and flow
Demonstrated understanding of Lean Principles
Intermediate skills with MS Excel, Word, and Access
Strong orientation toward quality, safety and continuous improvement
Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to establish strong working relationships with customers and suppliers
Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
KNOWLEDGE & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Must be able to walk and stand for periods at a time.
* Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
* Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Enthusiasm for working in a fast paced, hands-on manufacturing environment
Forklift operator certification & experience preferred
Ability to proactively identify and resolve potential supply problems
Excellent attendance record
The company culture has a bias for action at all levels of the organization, providing an environment in which employees are comfortable to take risks and are accountable for the results. We believe that HydraMaster will be successful by focusing on helping our customers to be successful in their businesses, every day. Location: Mukilteo, WA