Key Account Manager - Aerospace
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOBHAM is seeking a KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER - AEROSPACE that will serve as the Account Manager for key Group, Sector, and Business Unit wide customers (including aftermarket). This position is located in Davenport, IA or remote; with the ability to work remotely near Texas, Georgia, Southern California or Connecticut.
* Acts as the "voice of the customer" and is the recognized "voice of Cobham" to the customer.
* Acts as the expert on the customer's market and business strategies.
* Manages a portfolio of accounts to meet target orders.
* Creates and manages execution of strategic account plans, which incorporates identified cross-sell opportunities, technology trends, competitive factors, and tactical action plans.
* Ensures applicable BU's sales pipeline supports the account strategy.
* Ensures that the customers' and account needs are considered and implemented in applicable BU product strategies.
* Supports negotiations with key Group, Sector and Business Unit wide customers.
* Works with customers to maximize Cobham's performance within the customers' performance management system.
* Facilitates initiatives to increase customer satisfaction with keys customers.
* Works in collaboration with Business Development, Engineering, Operations, Program Management and other areas within the business to ensure success.
* Demonstrates strong communication skills and has the ability to interact with all levels of both the customer's and Cobham organization.
* Tracks, reports, and manages internal customer metrics as coordinated with Business Development and Sales teams.
* Travels as necessary domestic and international (typically 50%).
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science, Marketing or Business.
* 5 years of experience with business development or sales of aircraft products or services.
* 5 years of experience with creating and analyzing business cases.
* 3 years of experience selling to US Department ofDefense Prime Contractors.
* Ability to work remotely near a key customer location (Texas, Georgia, Southern California, Connecticut).
* This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
* MBA or Master's degree in Engineering, Science, Marketing, Business or relevant field.
* 7 years of experience selling to US Department ofDefense Prime Contractors.
COBHAM\'S values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defensesystems. And it's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future innovators like you.
COBHAM is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust COBHAM to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
_COBHAM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND EMBRACES DIVERSITY IN OUR EMPLOYEE POPULATION. IT IS THE POLICY OF COBHAM TO PROVIDE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, OR GENETIC INFORMATION. COBHAM WILL REFRAIN FROM DISCHARGING, OR OTHERWISE DISCRIMINATING AGAINST, EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS WHO INQUIRE ABOUT, DISCUSS, OR DISCLOSE THEIR COMPENSATION OR THE COMPENSATION OF OTHER EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS._