Key Account Manager - Foodservice
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout Us
Welcome to Ardent Mills, a new company dedicated to helping our customers innovate and grow, with the industry s broadest range of traditional and organic flours, whole grains, customized blends and specialty products. Our ingredients are backed by unrivaled technical support, food safety solutions and the supply assurance of a coast-to-coast network of more than 40 community mills and blending facilities, an artisan commercial bakery and a Mobile Innovation Center. We are Ardent Mills, working with you for the good of grain. And we re looking for dynamic people to join our team.
The Key Account Manager is responsible for achieving an exemplary level of customer service while accomplishing volume and financial objectives for assigned customers in foodservice. The predominance of those accounts will be in Distribution.
A successful candidate will have the following attributes:
* The ability to deliver results in first-time situations by inspiring others and working to earn trust every day.
* The willingness to serve others with understanding, respect, and care.
* The ability to operate with simplicity, clarity and transparency.
* The willingness to effectively deal with and drive change.
* The ability to organize, prioritize and own multiple tasks while meeting and/or exceeding deadlines.
* The ability to learn and apply new technology, with the willingness to share knowledge with others.
Above all you will be expected to carry out all your activities with reliability, integrity, compliance and in a safe, environmentally responsible, and efficient manner.
* Responsible for Account/Relationship management and planning for Ardent Mills strategic customers in foodservice distribution.
* Delivers assigned volume and financial objectives.
* Grow sales of new products and innovative solutions by presenting all Ardent Mills products and solutions to assigned customers.
* Works cross functionally with Ardent Mills Marketing, Transportation, RQI, Manufacturing and Management to achieve volume and financial goals.
* Grow sales and differentiate Ardent Mills by delivering customer and industry insights.
* Up to 40% travel
* Willingness to relocate.
Skills & Experience
Required Education, Experience, Skills:
* College Degree or equivalent direct experience selling commodity-based ingredients
* Minimum of 6 - 10 years of sales experience
* Minimum 3 years direct foodservice distribution experience
* Strong record of sales results vs objectives
* Proven ability to establish strong relationships
* Demonstrated selling proficiency with market analytics, exchange traded commodities and consumer insights
* Demonstrated ability to work on a larger team
* Demonstrated ability to effectively work with multiple functions (marketing, operations, supply chain, etc.)
* Proficient with Component Product Sales
* Demonstrated strong computer skills
* Versed in the use of Risk Management tools
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* Ability to work in a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) tool
* Demonstrated strong negotiation skills
* Understanding of Allowance monies and promotions and gaining results
Preferred Education, Experience, Skills:
* 10 or more years of sales experience
* 5+ years Foodservice experience, especially in Distribution
Ardent Mills is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees in this position. The description, duties, functions, and responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of Ardent Mills.