Key Account Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 11/30/2016
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
This position will support a Sales Director, Retail Sales Manager, or National Accounts Manager for a specific key account in the Grand Rapids, Michigan area. The individual will be responsible for establishing and maintaining customer relationships with assigned key customers through daily corporate to corporate contact to communicate pricing, product availability, and order management. The primary responsibility will be introducing and placing new products with customers, executing organizational initiatives, and driving sales of key items with strategic customers for long-term growth.
Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.
50% Direct Sales Responsibility
* Accountable for achieving budgeted sales of consumer goods to key customers.
* Develops and achieves maximum sales volume consistent with realistic sales projections for accounts served.
* Maintain business with existing accounts for continued growth.
30% Communications and Product Management
* Maintain current knowledge of Smithfield s product management and research and development efforts in order to increase sales and satisfy customer requests for new items.
* Develop working relations with personnel at various levels in order to communicate product availability, logistics information, product specifications, and pricing as needed.
15% Customer Service Issues
* Ensure prompt and equitable disposition of customer complaints or problems; this may require communication with corporate headquarters.
5% Sales Support
* Serves as backup for other sales associates as necessary
* The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
* May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
* Bachelor s degree in Business Management or related field with 3-5 years of related food experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Preferred understanding of product cuttings (comfort and knowledge of product attributes) and USDA markets as they relate to pricing and availability.
* Must understand the dynamics of the food industry and how the account is positioned in the retail or foodservice channel.
* Excellent communication skills; strong oral and written language skills.
* Must have a solid understanding of customer focused and fact based selling.
* Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
* Must possess a valid driver s license.
* Knowledge and experience with Microsoft office software and SAP.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
* Specific vision includes close vision and ability to adjust focus.
* Frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Corporate working environment.
* Noise level in the work environment is moderate.
SCOPE/IMPACT OF JOB:
* Estimated volume: 2,000,000 10,000,000 lbs.
* Estimated dollar sales: $4,000,000 $20,000,000.