Key Account Manager, Precision Metals
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Aerospace / Defense Company
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION TITLE: Technical Sales Account Manager
REPORTS TO: Vice President - Sales & Marketing
DEPARTMENT: Sales & Marketing
Generate new business and ensure growth of existing accounts. Assess potential application of company products/services and apply a consultative/solution selling methodology to satisfy the customer's need while meeting Veridiam's strategic business development goals. Conduct presentations showing potential customers the capabilities and services provided by the company and relating them to the customer's needs and business opportunities. Serve as a technical resource to clients and communicate customer feedback into future product development projects. Use technical knowledge of product offerings to support and build sales.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Participate in the establishment and implementation of marketing, sales, and business development strategy for the company.
2. Manage assigned accounts and sales territory to generate maximum sales volume and profits at new and existing customers through proactive selling, regular customer contact, sales promotion, and servicing of accounts.
3. Forecast sales for assigned accounts and territory by customer and product. Assess and analyze actual sales to forecast to ensure forecast is met.
4. Analyze and interpret requests for quotations, specifications and engineering drawings for the purpose of determining manufacturing feasibility. Provide fundamental information used to qualify an opportunity to the engineering team to ensure proper cost/quoting strategy is developed. Serve as the primary point-of-contact for customers. Coordinate with engineering and other departments for completion of quotes and product introductions.
5. Provide clear expectations to the organization that reflect customer expectations to ensure responsiveness. Facilitate the flow of information between the customer and Veridiam organization to help ensure performance targets are met. Provide feedback to organization for continuous improvement.
6. Provide new and current customers with product information, including pricing, availability, delivery, functionally equivalent product alternatives and value-added product and service information.
7. Collect and report market and industry information as it relates to production trends, employment adjustments, and plant expansions or closings. Leverage market intelligence in order to establish effective price points.
8. Maintain account files and determine appropriate action items based on the analysis of the records. Update database, complete activity reports and prepare other sales and business development correspondence in a timely manner.
9. Participate in price, technical, and administrative negotiations with customers.
10. Perform other related duties as assigned.