Key Account Manager - Specialty Nonwovens 9/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Johns Manville is currently looking to hire a Key Account Manager -- Specialty Nonwovens. The Key Account Manager will develop and drive sales strategy for particular markets in North America; conduct limited market research analysis; develop sales forecasts by product SKU, markets and major customers; implement sales and or marketing programs to achieve sales and market share objectives; monitor and make recommendations concerning market needs; changes in competitive strategies and policies, pricing and sales activity; prepare and issue reports as needed. Recognize and develop the un-met needs of customers and the market as identified by the organization and the resultant opportunity for the business segment, business group and Johns Manville.
The location for this position is somewhat flexible and can have the option of working from their home provided they are close to a reality major airport. Also because the travel will be more East, we would prefer someone who lives in the Eastern part of the US.
- Sell business product lines/systems and generate new growth and profitability within specific assigned markets
- Support the business through generation of new growth accounts while developing existing accounts
- Make direct customer calls to develop and increase sales, negotiate contracts, drive product and systems sales to support established price strategies;
- Manage customer needs through product development processes; provide technical assistance and information to customers; respond to customer inquiries; recommend and, if necessary, develop training programs for customers
- Develop and drive sales strategy for particular markets in North America
- conduct limited market research analysis
- Develop sales forecasts by product SKU, markets and major customers; implement sales and or marketing programs to achieve sales and market share objectives
- Monitor and make recommendations concerning market needs; changes in competitive strategies and policies, pricing and sales activity
- Prepare and issue reports as needed.
- Assure legal compliance in the selling of all products and systems with applicable local, state, and federal regulations
- BA/BS degree (Business and/or Engineering/Technical is preferred) AND/OR Minimum of 5 to 7 years sales experience with a manufacturing Fortune 500 company
- Knowledge of nonwovens manufacturing process, fiberglass processing or closely related
- Ability to develop an intimate knowledge of customers, competition, and the market.
- Strong business and financial acumen with demonstrated analytical ability accompanied by superior presentation skills
- Ability to think strategically and execute strategic directions.
- Demonstrated success in managing and control costs.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Ability to write strong business cases
- Ability to increase margins through aggressive management of price, mix and cost.
Additional consideration given for:
Experience selling B2B building interior or building exterior products
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
JM has a long history of sustainable efforts and strives to continually improve our sustainability practices through a focus on innovation, productivity and leadership that ensures we meet the needs of current stakeholders without sacrificing the needs of future generations. For additional information please read our Sustainability Report.