KeyBanc Capital Markets Full-time MBA Associate Program
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 1/11/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONKeyBanc Capital Markets Full-time MBA Associate Program
The Summer Associate Program / Graduate Intern is a 10-week program designed to offer our Interns a real life experience and a comprehensive overview of Key Bank. Interns act as the day-to-day leaders for analytical support, including financial statement analysis and model development; valuation analysis; industry research; and the preparation of various presentations and documents including descriptive memoranda and management presentations.
ABOUT THE JOB
This Associate will work primarily with the group's East Coast coverage team and provide day-to-day execution of investment banking mandates (M&A Advisory, Equity Capital Markets, Debt Capital Markets and Leveraged Finance), as well as support new business development and coverage initiatives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Leading coverage support for leading sponsors in the Midwestern and Western US and transaction support in the provision of financing and advisory services.
* Responsibilities also include the creation and preparation of presentation and pitch materials as well as the mentoring and assisting in the development of Analysts in the Financial Sponsors Group.
* Significant client interaction and client development responsibilities.
* Managing and executing tasks encompassing comprehensive financial modeling and valuation analyses.
* Act as a trusted advisor to clients and prospective clients through relationship development, industry knowledge and capital markets expertise.
* Developing a thorough understanding of the trends and competitive dynamics within the sector.
* Understanding the financial impact of decisions on the client s organization.
* Coordinating the appropriate organizational resources to deliver product solutions and advice to clients.
* Maintaining frequent and appropriate communications with team members and product partners throughout the firm.
* Eventually begin to assume origination responsibilities in accordance with the strategic direction of the Financial Sponsors Group, including, but not limited to: identifying and calling on prospects; the creation, analysis and presentation of actionable ideas; and, originating new client mandates.
* Minimum of three years of investment banking experience
* Significant client interaction and transaction experience
* Demonstrated ability to manage deal teams
* Excellent written and verbal skills
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Demonstrated ability to work in a time sensitive environment with strong focus and attention to detail
* Undergraduate Degree in Business (Accounting, Finance, Business Admin, Economics, etc.) or Liberal Arts; MBA preferred, but not required
* Series 7
About the Business
Key Corporate Bank is a full-service corporate and investment bank focused principally on serving the needs of middle market clients in seven industry sectors: consumer, energy, healthcare, industrial, public sector, real estate, and technology. Key Corporate Bank delivers a broad product suite of banking and capital markets products to its clients, including syndicated finance, debt and equity capital markets, commercial payments, equipment finance, commercial mortgage banking, derivatives, foreign exchange, financial advisory, and public finance.
Key traces its history back more than 160 years and is headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio. One of the nation's largest bank-based financial services companies, Key has assets of approximately $95.1 billion. Key (NYSE: KEY) provides deposit, lending, cash management and investment services to individuals, small and medium-sized business under the name KeyBank National Association. Key also provides a broad range of sophisticated corporate and investment banking products, such as merger and acquisition advice, public and private debt and equity, syndications and derivatives to middle market companies in selected industries throughout the United States under the KeyBanc Capital Markets trade name
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer Min/Fem/Vet/Disabled.
Additional BenefitsPaid Time Off
Employee Assistance Program
Short-term Medical Leave
Banking Products Discounts
Matching Gift Program
Education Assistance/Tuition reimbursement
Commuter Benefits Program