Keystone National High School Part Time Middle School Science Teacher Virtual 9/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition Number
Keystone National High School Part Time Middle School Science Teacher Virtual
Part-Time Middle School Teacher INSPIRE THE FUTURE!
K is a dynamic company on a mission to provide the most compelling, comprehensive, and effective K-12 education available. Our employees are a critical part of an organization that is providing powerful, new options for the way children can be educated. They have a passion for education and a drive to make a difference.
We are currently seeking a Part-time Middle School Teacher for our Keystone National Schools 6-12 program! The applicant must have a computer with the appropriate High Speed Internet access. This position is part time This position is part time (up to 30 hours a week depending on work load)
AS A PART-TIME VIRTUAL TEACHER, YOU WILL...
* Provide motivating, timely, and constructive feedback for student assignments.
* Provide motivating comments and constructive feedback for each assessment item.
* Evaluate all subjective assessments (homework assignments as well as subjective exam components) and assign an appropriate grade to each within five days of student submission.
* Communicate effectively with students and staff at different technology skill levels to support instruction and advance educational goals.
* Respond to all communication with students and staff questions and requests for help within twenty-four hours of receipt, regardless of the medium (email, phone call, etc.)
* Manage and communicate effectively via the telephone or email.
* Demonstrate sufficient use of a Web browser and search engine to locate and evaluate technology-based educational sites that support the instruction.
* Demonstrate proficient distribution of websites.
* Work with other staff and faculty in a cooperative, professional atmosphere
* Effectively review courses on an as-needed basis to ensure accurate and current content/assessments.
* Collaborate with staff, teachers and/or course writers on an as-needed basis in order to enhance the curriculum.
* Participate in faculty and department meetings, hardware, software and/or educational training sessions as scheduled. Requirements
* Applicant must have a Pennsylvania Teaching Certificate and meet NCLB Highly Qualified requirements
* Must be able to pass a criminal background check K12 is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Get to know Keystone!
* Learn more about Keystone!
* Behind the Scenes
* A Day in the Life
Are you driven by excellence to deliver instruction, support and guidance, manage the learning process, and focus on students individual needs* If selected, you will participate in a comprehensive new teacher training program for three weeks before the start of school. It is an opportunity to meet colleagues and learn the responsibilities required for delivering curriculum in an online environment. During this training you will also learn how to monitor student progress through K12 s learning management system, and to be a partner actively working with students and parents to advance each child s learning.
* 3+ years teaching experience
* Bachelor s degree and/or professional experience in subject area
* Elementary or English or Science State certification
* Meets state s NCLB s Highly Qualified Teacher requirements
* Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
* Experience in a customer service environment
* Strong written/verbal communication skills
* Flexible schedule * Valid AZ fingerprint clearance card (if resides in AZ)
* Experience coordinating academically-oriented clubs and extracurricular activities The ideal teacher candidates will also have:
* Experience working with the proposed age group
* Experience supporting adults and children in the use of technology
* An ability to learn new technology tools quickly (e.g., database and web-based tools) An ability to support and guide adults as well as students
WHO ARE WE*
* An Open Letter from Nate Davis, Executive Chairman, K12 Inc.
* K12 Produces Results
* Kudos and Honors
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Send This Job to a Friend