Kia Interior Designer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 9/15/2017
Hyundai-Kia America Technical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
Kia America Design Center is currently looking for a Kia Interior Designer for our Design Studio in Irvine, CA that will:
* Create compelling and appropriate design proposals for various concept and production car programs in the form of sketches, renderings and 3D digital models.
* Research and analyze trends in overall packaging, dimension, materials and products using online and print resources and by attending auto shows and other events.
* Report on these trends to Management using PowerPoint.
* Create and display 'virtual sketch board' presentations or physical drawings on whiteboard incorporating ideas. Select various themes based on trends and research.
* Meet with Management, Engineering, Marketing and Design Team to discuss design criteria. Incorporate design criteria provided.
* Develop design over engineering package using ALIAS software. Oversee the development of CAS 3D Digital models.
* Oversee the development of the 1/1 and scale models by clay sculptors and fabricators. Develop hard parts using ALIAS and other CAD software. Consult with
* Engineering and Manufacturing to meet styling and manufacturing requirements.
* Create high-quality 'Publication Images' for use in Press Releases and Design Brochures using Photoshop, ALIAS Design Studio, and photographed images.
* Provide oversight, guidance and support to vendors producing one-of-a-kind 'Concept Vehicles' for auto shows worldwide.
* Travel to Korea to oversee further product development by working with the korean Design and Engineering teams.
* Benchmark competitive vehicles to aid design direction.
* Travel up to 20% of time domestically and internationally.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
* Bachelor's Degree in Industrial, Automotive, or Transportation Design
* Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record
* Candidates applying for positions with Hyundai Kia must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
* HATCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Disabled and Veteran. VEVRAA Federal contractor