Kia Senior CAS Modeler 8/27/2016
Hyundai-Kia America Technical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION:
Hyundai KIA America Technical Center, Inc. (HATCI) is currently looking for a Digital Modeler at our KIA Design Center in Irvine, CA that will:
* Utilize ALIAS AutoStudio/Surface to create Class-A (Single Span) 3D models from 2D drawings and input from Designers.
* Utilize ALIAS AutoStudio/Surface to create interior/exterior vehicle Models based on scan data through reverse engineering for visual review and based on designers' illustrations/verbal direction for visual review.
* Utilize ALIAS AutoStudio/Surface to create interior/exterior vehicle Models for fabrication with Rapid Prototype machines, and CNC milling machine.
* Utilize ALIAS AutoStudio/Surface to create Models of 'hard parts' - for example headlight, taillight, etc. - based on scan data/ engineering criteria, sketches and verbal direction.
* Meet design specifications from Engineering and deadlines established by Design Managers.
* Create Digital Models assuring accuracy of the general appearance and the articulated parts while realizing the requirements of the fabrication team.
* Create animations - for example turn table and various parts in - for presentations and reviews.
* Maintain clean and safe work environment.
* Create and present technical reports as assigned.
* Perform additional projects as assigned.
* Work closely with Designers, Engineers, Fabricators, Clay Modelers, and Color & Trim in a harmonious fashion.
* Travel up to 20% of time domestic and/or internationally.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
* High School Diploma
* Technical or Vocational training in CAS
* 8 years experience in Computer Surface and 3D Modeling for an Automotive OEM
* Valid Driver s License and satisfactory driving record
* Candidates applying for positions with Hyundai Kia must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position.
HATCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. VEVRAA Federal contractor