- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Kiehl's Since 1851 - Manager, Sales Promo
Section 1: General Information
Job Title: Manager - Sales Promo
Function: Sales Promotion
Division: Kiehl s Since 1851
Supervisor Title: AVP, Sales Admin
Location: 435 Hudson Street
Section 2: Job Summary:
Key liaison for Sales working cross functionally with Marketing, Supply Chain and other business partners to execute sales needs, details and strategy. Manage key programs within sales including launches and nonsaleable. Participate in weekly meetings and drive discussions and problem solving to achieve sales objectives. Manage sales execution in new business opportunities and independent accounts.
Section 3: Job Requirements:
Bachelor degree and minimum of 3 years experience in a corporate sales role
Self-motivated, results oriented, creative thinker
Strong communication, presentation and organizational skills
Ability to handle a fast-paced environment and multi-tasking
Adaptability in a rapidly changing environment
Analytical in approach to identifying opportunities
Strong financial acumen
Strong negotiation skills
Strong judgment and decision making skills are essential
Ability to operate independently, with little supervision
Strong computer skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint (with ability to learn internal systems including PAS, ROE & SAP)
Section 4: Judgment and Decision Making:
There is moderate supervision, although independent judgment and decision making will be required as it relates to the interaction with Field Force, Marketing, Supply Chain and Finance. Offers judgment and opinions on promotions strategy of team. Requires moderate to close supervision in decision-making.
Section 5: Essential Physical Requirements:
Section 6: Financial Scope (if applicable): N/A
Annual Budget Responsibility: $
Annual Revenue Responsibility: $
Section 7: Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
% of time spent.
Total should = 100%
1. General allocations & order form management for new products, sets, animations, step ups and collateral when needed.
2. Quarterly Sample & Tester Allocations
3. Quota Block Management & General Order Management Assistance with Customer Service and Planning Team: liaise with customer service re: quota order release.
4. Reporting: Sell in, Out of stock, Discontinuations, Price Increases
5. Sales representation in shipping S. Brunswick includes weekly meetings, order management, order form creation, follow up, etc.
6. Manage alternative Distribution Channels: Independents/Military/Harley Davidson/New Business Opportunities
Section 8: Required Competencies:
Briefly describe 5-8 primary competencies that are core requirements for this position, in order of importance. Different from job responsibilities, these are soft skills that are required for success. Please refer to the L Oreal USA MAP competencies. Examples include managing complexity, interacts effectively, innovates, etc.
1. Leads with Human Sensitivity Demonstrates respect, develops others (i.e. explains strategic objectives and the meaning of projects; manages junior members as needed) and enriches team dynamics (i.e. motivates the team to work with diverse personalities and cultures)
2. Displays Sensitivity to Our M tier Focuses on quality, continues to build personal knowledge of the beauty business and understanding of beauty
3. Demonstrates Entrepreneurship Takes initiative (i.e. demonstrates resourcefulness), focuses on customers, improves performance (i.e. improves work processes to save time and resources) and develops a vision
4. Innovates Shows curiosity, imagines creative solutions generating business value, promotes team creativity (i.e. participates in creative controversy using insightful questioning)
5. Achieves Results with Integrity Conveys energy, focuses on results (i.e. accelerates multiple tasks to meet deadlines) and acts with integrity
6. Manages Complexity Reasons from multiple perspectives (i.e. analyzes issues by combining listening, observation, reasoning and common sense) and makes decisions (i.e. finds solutions when facing dilemmas)
7. Interacts Effectively Listens and communicates effectively (i.e. presents confidently and convinces others) and actively networks
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.