Kindergarten Prep Teacher
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
Bright Horizons Children's Centers
JOB DESCRIPTIONApply now to grow your career as a Kindergarten Prep Teacher. Share your passion for educating young children as you design and implement a developmentally appropriate curriculum that incorporates science, math and technology to support Kindergarten readiness for 4 and 5 year-old children. Each day, our teachers have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the children and families in our care, creating joy in each child s life by teaching through play and hands-on activities while supporting parents work/life integration.
As a Kindergarten Prep Teacher at Bright Horizons, you will:
* Enjoy collaborating with a talented team of early childhood professionals like yourself
* Develop an emergent curriculum based on classroom observations and assessments of individual children
* Partner and communicate with parents to support, guide and share in their child s growth and development
* Create well-organized documentation of children s accomplishments through notes and portfolios
* Nurture your career aspirations and personal growth with unlimited opportunities
* Impact the lives of children and families each and every day
At Bright Horizons, we support our employees in their lives both at home and at work. We ensure a work environment in which each employee's chosen path is respected, rewarded, and celebrated.
* High School diploma/GED required with related college-level course work or CDA course work preferred
* Bachelor s Degree is preferred
* A minimum of 1 year of professional early childhood education teaching experience required
* Demonstrated knowledge of developmentally appropriate curriculum practice for 4 and 5 year old children
* Demonstrated flexibility, adaptability and openness to new ideas in education practices, particularly related to Kindergarten Prep curriculum and materials
* Excellent customer service skills and the ability to create partnerships with families
* Proven strength in verbal and written communication and organizational skills