Kitchen Notes Host/Hostess (Part Time)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
Omni Hotels & Resorts
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
To ensure all guests are greeted and seated in a friendly and courteous manner using appropriate procedures, in accordance with Omni Standards.
* Answer phone calls.
* Seating guests.
* Control heavy volume at Restaurant entrance.
* Knowledge of hotel property.
* Inform the guest about buffets.
* Attend to and anticipate guests needs.
* Familiarization with menu.
* Greeting guests.
* Knowledge of daily specials.
* Minimum 1 year experience hosting in a high volume restaurant. Combinations of experience in customer service and food/beverage may be considered.
* Open Table knowledge preferred.
* Previous cash handling experience.
* Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate in English with guests, management and co-workers, with the ability to answer guest questions and describe menu items.
* Developed customer service skills with refined phone etiquette.
* Professional appearance, high energy and the ability to naturally engage with guests.
* Ability to handle stressful situations, while maintaining a calm and welcoming demeanor.
* Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department.
* Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up on guest requests and needs in a fast paced environment
* Must be TABC certified.
* Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 20 pounds without assistance. Requires frequent bending, reaching overhead and twisting.
* Stand or walk for an extended period or for an entire work shift.
* Must be able to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: