This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
Omni Hotels & Resorts
New Orleans, LA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
The Kitchen Supervisor will assist in the overall operation of the culinary team in the respective outlet. Partnering with F&B management, this individual is responsible for creating schedules, executing orders, and ensuring a quality experience for hotel guests.
* Controls the quality and consistency of all food served.
* Creates and adjusts work schedule according to workloads and occupancy.
* Order and receive ingredients and culinary supplies.
* Consistently conduct departmental line-ups.
* Maintains cleanliness of all food prep and production areas.
* Conducts a month end inventory of all products.
* Ensure work areas are set no less than 15 minutes prior to service.
* Ensure all food supplies necessary for service are in appropriate supply on a timely basis.
* Assist in controlling food cost.
* Assist in producing and plating plates.
* Prepare and properly store food items for advanced production.
* Report any maintenance or security problems to the appropriate department promptly.
* Candidate must possess at leat 1 year of kitchen experience in a hotel setting.
* Ability to work outdoors for extended periods of time (at least 8 hours/shift).
* Ability to work a flexible schedule, to include: AM/PM, weekends, holidays.
* Ability to stand for extended periods of time (at least 8 hours/shift).
* Ability to ensure efficient, effective operation of the food production outlet(s).
* Ability to satisfactorily communicate (verbal and written) in English with vendors, co-workers, and management.
* Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written and/or oral instructions.
* Ability to write and perform daily prep list and par sheets.
* Ability to meet Omni Hotels & Resorts qualify and performance standards.
* Ability to update and maintain inventory.
* Self motivated, and ability to work with limited supervision.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: