Kitting Department Technician 8/13/2016
WS Packaging Group Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
Provide necessary production items to Press Operators during changeovers of product lines. Set up carts with anilox rolls, ink and all the necessary supplies to reduce downtown of the Press. Participate in continuous improvement analyses and conversations as held by the facility production leaders.
Role and Responsibilities:
* Practice & sustain Lean Manufacturing and 6S procedures.
* Meet attendance & production standards & follow all WSPG policies and procedures.
* Maintain communication at all times with production team.
* Assist operators so that they don t leave their presses.
* Gather, clean, & put away dies, plate rolls, rotary screens, return inks to ink room.
* Stage next job for press per workorder & SOP instructions (Order, Mounted Plates, Inks, Dies, Rotary Screens, etc.)
* Assist with changeover activities (clean & set up).
* Match, mix, and prepare color to customer supplied samples or Pantone color guides.
* Standing & lifting throughout the day.
* Notify supervisor of any mechanical or material issues.
Duties may be change or additional duties assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
Requires a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent. 1 2 year degree in printing-related field preferred.
* Strong written/verbal interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to read, write, and comprehend instructions and SOPs. Must be able to present information to team and customers.
* Ability to manage multiple tasks in an organized manner.
* Strong initiative, problem-solving, and resourcefulness.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume and distance.
Works in a manufacturing environment and will be required to wear hearing, foot, and/or other personal protective equipment while performing duties in a manufacturing setting. May be on feet 8 12 hours a day with need to stand, walk, kneel, crawl, crouch, stoop, bend, climb, as needed.. May handle, feel and reach for items in and around press area. Moderate to frequent walking and lifting and/or move up to 50 lbs (35 lbs repetitively) is required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close & distance vision, ability to adjust focus, and ability to distinguish color variations, peripheral and depth perception. The noise level in the work environment is usually medium to loud. Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WS Packaging Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* To know more about Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP, please visit http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)