Knowledge Management Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
Aegis Technologies Group, Inc
Shaw Afb, SC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY More information about this job:
What do you get when you bring together the brightest minds and place them into an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards based on impact, not tenure*
You get one of the best privately held small business headquartered in Huntsville, Alabama, that provides advanced technology and expert consulting services to industries throughout the world. AEgis specializes in modeling & simulation (M&S) and micro/nanoscale technology development. Our core competencies include simulation software and training simulators; geospatial databases; 3D models; war fighter exercise support; systems engineering and analysis; verification, validation, and accreditation (VV&A); test and evaluation support; Hardware-in-the-Loop (HWIL) and Man-in-the-Loop (MIL) simulation. AEgis' Nanogenesis Division excels in advancing cutting edge micro and nanoscale technologies from concept to deployment with applications ranging from defense to energy to biotechnology.
AEgis Technologies is seeking a candidate to work as a Knowledge Management Analyst in the Operations Section of U.S. Army Central (USARCENT) Command. Knowledge management and information sharing are essential functions to conduct operations in USARCENT. The qualified candidate will enable collaboration of G3 Directorate data, and provide leadership with relevant information to make informed decisions. Coordinate activities with the USARCENT Chief Knowledge Officer (CKO) to ensure continued compliance with Command policies and procedures. Utilize information sharing portals to have information readily accessible to USARCENT and external stakeholders. This task requires expertise with Microsoft SharePoint portals, database management, and Microsoft office suite applications.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Conduct activities related to the knowledge management processes, to include but not limited to content analysis, document management, data capture, portals, shared storage locations, workflow, collaboration, data warehousing, decision support, information dissemination; planning to encompass the strategy, architecture and methodology for an enterprise modernization effort; selection, implementation and measure of packaged solutions for enterprise modernization; complete integration of applications with target data and defined processes.
* Act as a SME for Knowledge Management and its reporting capabilities, manages content and workflow, and educates front-end users on the use of the knowledge management system.
* Post, edit, distribute and maintain appropriate content on USARCENT classified and unclassified portals
* Create and maintain records in compliance with DoD Records Management policies and directives
* Organize data, establish file structures, and ensure information is captured and stored in locations accessible to various user groups
* Develop TTPs for coordinating the flow of information and work with USARCENT G3 leaders to periodically test these TTPs during exercises.
* Integrate information from departments and functions throughout the organization to facilitate easy access, sharing and dissemination of information with internal partners and external customers
* Train and educate front-end users of the knowledge management tools
* Develop reports as required to support operations, write knowledge content as required, and prepare presentations for senior leadership to support recommended changes, new initiatives or enhancements
* Provide a strategic view on the further development of knowledge management systems and practices in order to support the work and development of the organization into the future.
* US Citizen with current/existing security clearance.
* 7-10 years of experience with military organization and demonstrated experience working in contractor position supporting government customers.
* Knowledge of military command structure, missions, programs, and organizational relationships and program goals and objectives.
* Identify, analyze, and translate complex information, make appropriate judgments, and evaluate options concerning problem resolution.
* Support surges in work.
* Prepare and coordinate requirements, decision papers, fact sheets, information papers and briefing slides for presentation to different audiences. Produce deliverables in formats as required by staff leadership. Formats may include standard Microsoft documents (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), electronic/soft copy matrices and/or web-enabled formats.
* Possess outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills, including the ability to work effectively independently, in a team or collaborative environment.
* Work with senior officials, to build and sustain professional networks in a diverse, fast-paced, multi-task environment, and to manage competing priorities.
* Experience with MS Rights Management.
* Ability to work in a dynamic government work environment.
* Working well in a team environment, establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
* Ability to problem-solve in a time-constrained environment and to take initiative and work independently as appropriate.
* Ability to prioritize tasks through strong organizational skills
Bachelor s Degree or equivalent experience.