L1 Lead Mixer 9/15/2016
Logan Township, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
With the support of the Bakery Supervisor the Mixing Lead is responsible for planning, organizing, and coordinating activities in the Mixing Department. The Lead Mixer will be responsible for monitoring the efficiency and effectiveness of the department. For assuring that the highest quality of dough mixes are processed to specified standards. Assuring that the scheduled batches are prepared for line processing; monitoring that sufficient ingredients are available for preparing targeted batches. Monitoring that mixing employees are executing their job functions to expectations.
* Job responsibilities should be in bullet point form with a maximum of 10. Include 85% of position priorities.
* Prepare and mix ingredients to specified mixing time and temperature
* Continually monitor and control temperatures of dough during the mixing process and the final mixing stage of the dough.
* Add ingredients in the order specified by recipe to obtain desired characteristics
* Visually and physically verify the texture of the dough to assure targeted texture characteristics.
* Monitor and control efficiency of Rheon Line to assure that dough mixes do not exceed the capacity of the Rheon Line.
* Continually monitor and control ingredient inventory control.
* Assure that all ingredients are used as per the pick list
* Assure that lot numbers on pick list match those provided
* Assure that data entry is entered accurately and on time for SAP reporting
* Assure that refrigerated ingredients are maintained in the coolers.
* Assure when specifications allow reuse of waste dough from the Rheon Line that it is incorporated back into the dough mixes by percentages allowed.
* Assure the weight scales are functioning accurately.
* Document mixing data accurately and timely.
* Maintain mixing equipment clean and sanitize.
* Identified batch containers accurately and weigh as required.
* Maintain coolers organized, clean; assure ingredients in coolers are identified.
* Maintain mixing and ingredient areas organized and clean.
* Lift and dump 50 lbs. flour bags consistently for short periods of times.
* Monitor that starter on floor does not exceed use time.
* Assure mixing documents are completed at the end of the shift and placed in their designated place.
Works to maintain and improve on the quality, legality and safety of each product and the processes used in their manufacture. Responsible for keeping assigned work area clean and tidy at all times and reporting any potential contamination and suspicious activity to a
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
* Ability to understand and follow recipe
* Ability to understand and operate mixing process controls and makes adjustment when necessary.
* Basic knowledge of dough mixing and operating mixing equipment
* Ability to comprehend scale and temperature readouts
* Math ability - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
* REASONING ABILITY - Ability to define and solve problems.
* Years of Experience
* At least 6 months as a Senior Ingredient Prep Operator
* Language Skills
* Computer/Software Skills
* Travel requirements
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is regularly exposed to extreme hot (non-weather) conditions and to changes in temperature, and occasionally exposed to hot or humid conditions (non-weather) and extreme heat (non-weather). The employee must be able to tolerate a work environment that contains flour dust. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can get loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the employee to stand for extended periods of time, have manual dexterity/use of hands and fingers, have the ability to reach with arms and hands, and have the ability to work in an enclosed environment. This position requires the employee to lift and dump up to 50 pounds.
Typical Work Schedule: 6:00am to 2:30pm Days of Wed - Thu
Logan Township, New Jersey, United States
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.