This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY McLean Hospital is a comprehensive psychiatric hospital committed to providing easy access to superior quality, cost-effective mental health services in the Boston area, Massachusetts and beyond. Since 1811, McLean Hospital has been a world leader in the treatment of mental illness and chemical dependency, research into the cause of mental illness and the training of generations of mental health care providers. McLean's multidisciplinary programs treat a broad range of psychiatric illnesses across the full continuum of care.
Under constant supervision, this is an undergraduate-level position for someone with a Neuroscience concentration or in a related field. The scientific research office of an internationally recognized institution, McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School, our department is the Center for Neuroscience and Parkinsons disease research. Lab Assistants will provide support to Institute Director and Researchers by assisting with complex, varied and interesting research and administrative tasks.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Under supervision of senior technical research assistants, post-doctoral research fellows and graduate students, the laboratory assistant will assist with experimental procedures in the laboratory.
* Assistants will be supervised at all times.
CLOSING VALUES STATEMENT:
All McLean team members are expected to consistently demonstrate our values of integrity, compassion, respect, diversity, teamwork, excellence and innovation in their work activities and interactions.
High School Diploma
Currently enrolled in 4-year College
* Detail Oriented.
* Ability to methodically record data and laboratory procedures.
* Ability to follow instructions.
* Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of team.
* Knowledge of basic computer programs, Word, Excel.
* Ability to comfortably, confidently and compassionately work with laboratory animals.
* Ability to work with delicate specialized laboratory equipment and to maintain a clean workspace.
All employees must possess basic computer skills to use a variety of electronic or online systems for communication, clinical and administrative purposes.
It is the policy of McLean Hospital to affirmatively provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for employment and existing employees without regard to their race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender orientation or any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable law or regulation