LATAM Tax Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAt Gensler, we design for people. We leverage our global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. We re not just designers. We re tinkerers, craftspeople, visionaries, innovators and thought leaders. Fueled by passion and entrepreneurial spirit, our people bring new ideas to solve challenging problems. Whether you re into sketching new ideas, hacking a building or growing client relationships in global markets, there s something here for everyone.
In the role of LATAM Tax Manager, you will be the point person on all tax matters for the LATAM region, joining our growing Firmwide Finance team in our Costa Rica Office. In this newly created position, you will primarily serve our LATAM regional business leaders and accounting team. You will report to the Tax Senior Manager in San Francisco. T
What You Will Do
* Provide tax advice and leadership to the region in all areas of taxation in a timely, accurate and proactive manner in conjunction with the global tax team
* Manage tax compliance for all branches and legal entities in the LATAM region, including income taxes, IVA, stamp, import/export, property taxes, tax incentives, and transfer pricing documentation requirements.
* Prepare returns and supporting documentation in partnership with LATAM regional accounting team and external vendors
* Partner with LATAM regional accounting teams on the development and implementation of efficient processes to support the tax function, including training and supporting regional staff
* Assist the global accounting team with the preparation of local financial statements including reconciliation of all tax accounts
* Participate in the development and implementation of global tax policies, procedures and internal controls in close coordination with the global tax and finance teams
* Develop and maintain relationships with tax authorities and external tax advisors and manage tax audits for the LATAM region
* Analyze, interpret and model the impact of new and proposed tax legislation on the company
* Perform tax risk assessments for all current and future countries in the LATAM region where Gensler operates
* Assist the global tax team and tax advisors on global income tax planning and structuring initiatives, as needed
* Minimum of 8 years of global corporate tax experience required, (mix of public accounting and industry experience preferred)
* Must be fluent in English and Spanish (Portuguese, a plus)
* Prior experience with VAT/IVA and Brazilian Taxes is required
* Experience with taxation of cross border related party transactions and transfer pricing
* Ability to communicate and interact effectively with individuals at all levels internally as well as outside of the firm in various countries and cultures
* Capable of presenting and discussing complex tax concepts in an easy to understand way
* Experience in Architectural/Engineering/Construction or professional services industry preferred
* Familiarity with US taxes or experience working for a US owned company is a plus
* Strong customer service orientation, a team player with the ability to establish collaborative working relationships
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions and hackathons, to Well-being Week, our offices reflect our teams diverse interests.
Rewards and Recognition
Gensler has been recognized as a leader in the ENR "Top 500 Design Firms and "Top 150 Global Design Firms", the Architectural Record "Top 150 Architectural Firms", BD+E #1 International Architecture Firm and #1 Green Building Architecture Firm, and the Interior Design "Top 100 Giants".