LCMS Applications Scientist 8/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description:
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
In this role the successful candidate will provide technical, scientific leadership as part of a biopharma focused team team to provide end-to-end pre and post sales application support for workflow solutions. Working as part of a specialized sales team to deliver proof-of-performance demonstrations to customers, and use your technical expertise to ensure successful closing of opportunities. Workflow solutions can integrate several analytical technologies such as automation, liquid chromatography, chemistries, columns, mass spectrometry and software for data acquisition and analysis. You will serve as the primary point of contact for the team s technical troubleshooting needs, and ensure customer satisfaction for those Agilent biopharma workflow solutions.
Responsibilities will include:
* Work closely with biopharma market specialists and account managers to define customer requirements, demonstrate Agilent solutions, and win qualified opportunities.
* Collaborate and consult with customers to develop effective strategies for achieving their analytical and business goals.
* Share your expertise in chromatography and mass spectrometry to optimize customer workflows.
* Help customers translate data into insights in order to demonstrate the capabilities and value of Agilent s biopharma workflow solutions.
* Demonstrate integrated workflow solutions to customers during the sales process, by running cutting edge analyses in Agilent biopharma Centers of Excellence, or in customer laboratories.
* Provide scientific mentorship to colleagues on a biopharma-focused sales team, and receive such mentorship in turn.
* Share demo results and scientific knowledge with a global network of peers to accelerate the success of your extended team.
* Provide input to several product line teams to influence future products, application development, and troubleshooting insights.
* Deliver technical promotional presentations at conferences, workshops, and customer events.
* Provide leadership during post-sale implementation projects to insure a coordinated process of customer site preparation, system familiarization and successful implementation of Agilent workflow solutions.
* MSc or PhD in Chemistry/Biochemistry or another life-science discipline.
* At least 2 - 5 years of work experience in pharma/biopharma industry and workflow applications. Sales experience is a plus.
*Experience with high resolution mass spectrometry and chromatographic techniques.
* Excellent problem-solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills.
* Demonstrated ability to think outside the box, understand customer demands, and develop solutions for complex challenges.
* Excellent presentation, communication and customer facing skills.
* Demonstrated ability to teach and coach internal and external customers.
* Excellent project management, influential and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to teach, coach and advocate for the focused biopharma team.
* Expected 30 to 50% business travel.
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law poster available here:
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact +1-262-754-5030 (US and Canada only) or email email@example.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.