LEADER IN TRAINING
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 12/3/2016
Red Gold, Inc.
Job Title: Operations Leader In Training
Reports to: Production Superintendent / Manager
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Location: Elwood, Orestes or Geneva facilities
* As a Leader in Training, you will learn to manage several individuals in a manufacturing department. These wills include implementation of production plans as well as managing the completion of the production plan. In order to complete the production plan, it will be necessary for the supervisor to apply good leadership techniques, as well as skills learned throughout the training program, to achieve or exceed the expected level of quality and production output.
* Trainees are immediately challenged to implement new ideas, solutions, and programs to improve the overall process at Red Gold. The trainee has the responsibility of coordinating department objectives with the effort and objectives of other key departments. A trainee will work frequently in the areas of Product Research, Project Engineering, Maintenance, and Materials Management. The trainee will help with ideas to improve current production or place new products and lines into production.
* There are several career paths you could follow due to the nature of growth within our company. A new supervisor has the opportunity to learn many aspects of Production, Packaging, Engineering, Maintenance, Quality Assurance, Warehousing and Human Resources. Promotions could include assignments to several departments among our three plants. Specifically, promotions could include assignments as Production Supervisor, Packaging Supervisor, Production Scheduler, etc. Besides Production Supervision, promotional opportunities exist in other areas such as Maintenance Supervision, Engineering, Quality Assurance Supervision, or Materials Management. The placement of the trainee into a new supervisory role will be based upon the strengths and interests of the trainee, as well as the needs of the Red Gold organization.
* Responsible for monitoring, record keeping, and acting appropriately for specified Food Safety Plan, Food Quality Plan and prerequisite program requirements.
* Responsible to report food safety and quality issues to management
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor s degree in Industrial Management, Supervision, OLS, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Technology, Food Science, Ag Business, Food Process Engineering, and Food Manufacturing Operations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Available to work a flexible work schedule
* Must be able to lift/carry boxes of product components
* Must be able to tolerate a warm climate working environment
* Must wear appropriate safety and GMP gear in designated areas of the plant
* Able to walk and/or stand on concrete floors for long periods of time
* Able to ambulate hands and fingers to operate necessary equipment for the position, which includes a telephone, computer, radio, etc.
* The training for the Manufacturing Trainee will consist of a six (6) to twelve (12) month training program. This training will include exposure to many aspects of the business such as Production, Supervision, Packaging, Quality Assurance, Shipping and Warehousing, Logistics, Materials Management, Engineering, Research & Development, and Maintenance.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
* To perform this job successfully, the physical demands listed represent those that must be met by an employee
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
* While performing the duties of this job:
* The employee must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time whether that be sitting or standing
* The employee must be able to use fingers to operate constantly a computer or other type of office equipment
* The employee in this position must be able to regularly walk
* The employees must be able to use hands to handle and feel
* The employee must be able to reach with both hands and arms
* The employee must be able to detect visually, perceive, or recognize in near and far distances
* The employee must be able to converse or convey with other individuals
* The employee may occasionally be required to bend, crouch, or crawl in tight knit spaces, such as under desks to make equipment connections
* The employee bay occasionally have to climb ladders and be exposed to heights (i.e..: rooftop)
* The employee may occasionally lift/carry items as heavy as 60 pounds
* The employee must be able to work outside in various whether conditions (i.e..: rain, snow, heat)
* Ethics/ Integrity/ Trust
* Attitude and Commitment
* Customer Service
* Company Engagement
* Cost Consciousness
* Responsible for monitoring, record keeping and acting appropriately for specific Food Safety Plan and Food Quality Plan and pre required program requirements
* Responsible to report food safety and quality issues to management.