LEAN Specialist Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
West Lebanon, NH
JOB DESCRIPTIONRequisition ID 42372BR
Title LEAN Specialist
Job Category LEAN
We have an exciting new opportunity to join our growing team as a LEAN Specialist. As a member of the cLEAN team, this role is responsible for support of 1 or more functional lines in the deployment of cLEAN for site NH. This includes leading and participating in cLEAN training, coaching, problem solving, projects and analysis. You will act as an embedded member of the cLEAN team within the assigned units(s) in order to develop an understanding of the people, processes, interdependencies and opportunities.
* Reports to Sr. Manager, Project Management & cLean.
* Will interact with assigned functional line personnel from area manager to individual contributors and other functional lines/support groups who are involved in core processes of the assigned functional line. Will also interact with other cLEAN team members for site NH and other NN sites for strategy development, deployment and benchmarking.
* May interact with external vendors in coordinating solution development and deployment.
* Will lead projects with up to 10 indirect reports through the use of matrix management.
* May manage up to 2 vendor personnel supporting projects as necessary.
Main Job Tasks:
* Support assigned Line of Business (LoB)
* Through coaching, support the use of shop floor management tools, problem solving and process confirmation
* Support functional line management in identification, solution development and deployment of performance improvements
* Ensure identified solutions are deployed in a sustainable manner
* Act as a conduit for sharing of best practices to/from other site NH teams or NN teams
* Planning, organizing & leading small to medium scale and complexity projects focused on business/process performance improvement.
* Establish project charter, scope and management plan
* Identify necessary resources for successful project execution
* Monitor and Manage project to established budget and timeline
* Prepare and deliver communications to project team and steering team to facilitate execution and transparency of project status
* Identify and manage potential risks, recommending and taking appropriate actions as necessary to maintain the project plan.
* cLEAN Academy
* Planning and Delivering cLEAN academy courses following the established course outline
* Coach 1* and 2* cLEAN candidates to execute their projects successfully
* Aid in the development of training suited for local conditions
* Approximately 5% overnight travel including approximately one overseas trip per calendar year.
* Must be able to gown/de-gown as necessary to perform work in cleanroom areas.
* Must be able to stand for long periods (~2-4 hrs) as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
* Min. of Bachelor in Science, Engineering or Logistics.
* Three (3+) plus years in a manufacturing or supply chain environment with exposure to Lean principles
* Knowledge of GMPs preferred
* Ability to facilitate cross functional problem solving using standard root cause analysis methodology
* Ability to plan, organize and lead projects using standardized project management tools including; project charter, timeline, issues list, risk register and budgeting
* Ability to perform analysis of current vs future state for complex processes in a supply chain environment (from incoming materials to product shipment)
* Ability to seek consensus amongst diverse view points
* Ability to interact with and influence multiple levels of the organization
* Experience leading and coordinating teams in a matrix management environment
Department NNUSBPI - PROG MGMT & CLEAN
Position Location US - Lebanon, NH
City West Lebanon
State/Provinces US - NH
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you ll feel a difference right from the start. It s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Novo Nordisk will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call the U.S. Toll Free number at 1-855-411-5290 or click on the following link to submit your request: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/novoaccommodation. Please note we do not accept applications for employment or employment related solicitations through this site. If you are requesting special assistance, please specify your request by selecting \\"Yes\\" in Question 2 on the site. We will not be able to respond to requests unless you specify the need for special assistance or an accommodation in Question 2. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.