LICENSED CLINICAL SOCIAL WKR
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details:
Consideration will be given to PLCSW,LICSW and PLMHP, LMHP and LIMHP credentialed applicants.
The Licensed Clinical Social Worker is responsible for obtaining and synthesizing all bio-psycho-social information to appropriately assess, treat and provide a safe discharge plan for patients. The Licensed Clinical Social Worker is involved with assessment, counseling, group therapy, crisis intervention, case management, advocacy and family education as well as discharge planning and referral. Floats to all mental health units as assigned, including the Mental Health Emergency Department, Tele-health and the Adult Partial Program.
1. *Commits to the mission, vision, beliefs and consistently demonstrates our core values.
2. *Conducts psychosocial interviews of patients, their families, and collateral resources to determine presenting issues, potential causes and how these issues have impacted their functioning and health.
3. *Utilizes clinical skills to draw from all available information to form a clinical assessment that is both need and strength based.
4. *Synthesizes information to ensure that all risk factors, acuity, and all treatment options have been considered.
5. *Effectively utilizes professional skills and insight to work with patients that are in acute psychological crisis and may display one or more of the following: a lack family support, a lack of community provider network, minimal insight into their situation, or significant deficits in coping with their illness leading to poor follow-through.
6. *Provides consultation to colleagues and makes recommendations to the treatment team regarding the appropriate course of action/treatment.
7. *Establishes an interdisciplinary psychosocial treatment plan including both short-term and long-term goals.
8. *Promotes and teaches patients ways to cope with stressful situations while striving for practical and manageable solutions.
9. *Engages in discharge planning that identifies patients needs; obtains adequate resources for patient discharge; and, provides for a safe post-hospital plan.
10. *Facilitates group therapy utilizing various counseling approaches that are appropriate for the situation.
11. *Supervises Masters Social Worker (MSW) students.
12. *Utilizes Trauma Informed Care Principles.
13. *Maintains patient medical records.
14. *Follows all rules, regulations, laws and standards of oversight agencies; follows all policy and procedures as outlined by Bryan Health.
Masters Degree in Social Work (MSW) required. Current licensure as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) required. Prior acute care psychiatric experience with the client population to be served (adult/youth) preferred.
Bryan Health is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, marital, disability and/or veteran status. Bryan Health hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.