LINEN SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Part-time 20 hours - Rotating Shift)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/3/2016
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
JOB DESCRIPTION* Receives and stores linen items at designated locations according to established schedules.
* Receives and exchanges GSM carts to inpatient areas. Remove empty linen cart from inpatient area and return to vendor.
* Ensures all standing orders are filled and ancillary areas are assessed and restocked. Assessments are conducted with a hand-held Personal Data Terminal.
* Receives and fills all call-in orders from established user-areas and stages product for delivery and distribution.
* Assess and restock the ScrubEx machines located in Lunder building.
* Packs, transports and stages soiled linen at designated locations in laundry tubs for vendor pick-up.
* Answers pager when assigned and responds to all customer requests/inquiries.
* Distribute scrubs to hospital staff from scrub room located on Gray 4. This includes the ability to Open/Close and restock the scrub room.
* Follows Hospital Departmental, JCAHO and DPH guidelines and procedures.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
3 years experience in operations, preferably in a health care setting.
High school Diploma or GED equivalent required
* Basic mathematical and communication skills.
* Effective English communication skills both verbal and written.
* Ability or ability to learn to utilize computerized receipt and delivery techniques, including the use of handheld computers.
* Ability or ability to learn how to operate electrical or manual power jacks.
* Must be able to lift up to fifty pounds (50 lbs.).