LIS Support Manager
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
This position can be based in San Dimas, CA or Oceanside, CA
The LIS Support Manager is responsible for providing outstanding application support and drive adoption for business-enabling technology solutions for Pharmaceutical Development & Manufacturing (PDM) systems specific capabilities and needs, from Process Development to Biologics Manufacturing. This role in Business plays a pivotal role in ensuring that there is effective and productive engagement between the PDM stakeholders, IT and the Lab Information Systems (LIS) organization. It is expected that this role has excellent working knowledge of Project / Service Management and is accountable for the secure, efficient and effective maintenance and operation of all responsible Lab Systems, related applications, hardware and software in order to ensure that system performance and availability expectations are met or exceeded.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB FUNCTIONS
Operations & Maintenance
* Manage Gilead Customer support operations providing direction and priorities to resources running day-to-day activities.
* Assist PDM stakeholders in driving end-user adoption through proper end-user training and Provides direct customer support in maintaining systems used in QC labs.
* Expert support professional providing advanced expertise and customer support in maintaining specific LIS supported applications used at Gilead.
* Project, manage and monitor the team s work that resolves problems from internal and external customers.
* Play a leadership role and serve as one point contact person in LIS for the assigned IT solution
* Ensure necessary system documentation and Knowledge articles are in place and maintained as per LIS processes supporting all the LIS system
* Work collaboratively with business users and cross functional teams to drive resolution of cross application / environment issues as well as assess impact of changes
* Accountable for issue tracking, response, resolution and rigorous root cause analysis
* Assist in establishing program metrics to support application KPIs
* Establishes processes to monitor the operating efficiency of existing systems and provides (or arranges for) proactive maintenance.
* Ensure optimal system performance, effective technical deployment of new functionality and partner with Business leads and infrastructure services to schedule deployment of changes to production environment with no service disruption
* Ensure the development and maintenance of a system roadmap or upgrade path that is reviewed with the Business process owner to guide system operations, maintenance and upgrades
* Ensure and support the effective planning and implementation of disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
* Ensure the effective planning, management and scheduling of all application and system upgrades
* Provide visibility of projects or changes to other systems that may affect their applications/systems, and ensures there is no degradation of service.
* Lead and coordinate the development of Service Level Agreement (SLA s) and integration into Gilead's overall Application Support framework & Business Process Management processes (BCP and DR)
* Demonstrates very strong orientation towards customer service with high level of professionalism.
* Ensure the implementation of effective policies, procedures, discipline, processes and protocols to assure maximum availability of supported applications
* May serve as technical lead and/or project manager on relevant application related projects including leading or contributing to the project planning, requirements analysis, technical design, architecture, tracking and resolving technical issues, ensure proper testing and validation/qualifications are conducted and documented and guiding technical resources throughout the project.
* Partner with Infrastructure and Support Services to ensure the optimal operational environment and strategy to ensure system performance criteria
* Develop and maintain system management best practices
* Keep abreast of latest technology advancements related to accountable systems
* Partner with Business Process Owners and Business users to verify business needs and requirements that must be met by the application systems
* Accountable for overall Business User satisfaction related to system functional performance against SLA and fit for purpose requirements
* Contributing to the continuous improvement of LIS processes and being a role model for the Gilead Core Values
* Bridging between the Gilead Business and LIS
* Positioning LIS as a strategic business partner and trusted adviser on information and technology matters
* Ensure ease of engagement between Business Customers and LIS contributing to high levels of end user satisfaction.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
8+ Years with BS, BA and in Life Sciences, computer science or related field, or relevant experience
6+ Years with MS, MBA
2+ Years with PhD
Additional Position Requirements
* Working in Southern California and during US Pacific Time business hours in support of business liaisons needs, while ensuring extended IT support is also provided during worldwide business hours (as relevant for the business).
* Travel to US and International Gilead PDM locations is occasionally required.
* Good understanding of business and LIS strategy/planning and overall understanding of LIS Systems services, IT solutions, and IT project lifecycle.
* Prior laboratory experience or Knowledge of current laboratory facilities, methods, equipment, materials and ability to perform analytical chemical and physical examinations independently.
* Considerable knowledge of the basic principles and laboratory applications of chemistry and analytical chemistry preferred.
* Strong track record of success in building effective and productive relationships with Business Partners at all levels
* Demonstrates deep application development expertise and effectively manage multiple projects/priorities.
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, view the EEO is the Law poster at :