LMS Administrator 9/5/2016
Huntington Beach, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GP Strategies Corporation (NYSE: GPX) is a global performance improvement solutions provider of training, eLearning solutions, management consulting and engineering services. GP Strategies solutions improve the effectiveness of organizations by delivering innovative and superior training, consulting and business improvement services, customized to meet the specific needs of its clients. Clients include Fortune 500 companies, manufacturing, process and energy industries, and other commercial and government customers.
GP Sandy, a division of GP Strategies engages a wide variety of professionals to design and develop performance improvement/marketing programs for the Automotive OEMs.
Provide technical and functional support to the day-to-day and ongoing operation, maintenance, usage, analysis and administration of existing Learning Management or Learning Content Management technology by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Assures the efficient and effective operation of the learning management system to meet clients needs.
* Performs all aspects of LMS administration which may include:
* Create/publish/archive online courses, add/delete accounts, set/adjust/maintain system parameters, add/delete resources, etc.
* Design and develop custom reports for clients.
* Address technical bugs and other system issues from identification through resolution.
* Establish/maintain links to other online systems (e.g., vendor hosted courseware, synchronous distance-learning applications).
* Complete daily tasks such as developing and sending status reports, responding to customer questions, publishing courseware, assisting instructional designers with technical issues, etc.
* Update database with current associate data.
* Maintain the integrity of associate records.
* Understands and articulates system requirements and constraints.
* Identifies the databases and integration points for both the LMS and other systems.
* Imports and exports data using a flat file format.
* Uploads and/or FTP files.
* Provides customer service and technical/functional assistance to the support desk and end users.
* Conducts user acceptance testing of new learning technologies.
Required Qualifications, Experience and Education
* SQL database queries, data extraction and data import/export procedures and SQL servers/ Oracle.
* System administration on a technology-based learning platforms
* Publishing courseware using e-learning standards such as SCORM and AICC
* 2 Year Associates Degree or equivalent experience
* 2 years+ experience
* Experience with Success Factors
* Familiarity with Joomla based websites
* Familiarity with content management systems
Must be able to satisfy requirements for pre-employment drug screen, criminal background check and motor vehicle records check.
GP Strategies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.