LNG Supervisors - LNG Operations Dept. - NE
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
LNG SUPERVISORS - LNG OPERATIONS DEPT. - NE
JOB ID 20160394 DATE POSTED 06/16/2016 DescriptionABOUT THE POSITION:(THESE JOBS MAY BE LOCATED IN A FEW AREAS OF MASSACHUSETTS)
The role holder is responsible for the safe, reliable, and efficient operation and maintenance of LNG or LPG plant facilities through the supervision and organization of assigned operations personnel and contractors in order to effectively and efficiently accomplish job tasks in line with departmental and National Grid requirements.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO:)
* Schedule plant shift personnel in order to provide timely, reliable, and efficient peak shaving requirements.
* Direct activities to ensure proper and timely maintenance of plant facilities.
* Supervise a culturally diverse workforce through coaching, counseling and team building to ensure tasks are carried out in an efficient manner.
* Oversee the operational workload of team; ensuring allocated staff are fully utilized in order to deliver against agreed program of work.
* Communicate maintenance, operating and training information as well as changes to procedures and plant equipment to the Production Coordinator and others as necessary in order to ensure that records are contemporary and accurate.
* Ensure supervised team comply with safety standards, policies and processes in order to ensure a safe working environment and minimize risk for all staff.
* Maintain compliance with relevant regulations by providing up to date information on National Grid policies, processes and programs to regulatory bodies.
* Promote and implement procedural best practice within the team in order to ensure all working practices are compliant with National Grid policies and regulatory requirements.
* Monitor and challenge business processes where appropriate in order to ensure National Grid is compliant with regulatory requirements.
Become proficient in the Process Safety Management system relative to LNG Operations. You will be required to actively participate in competency training modules arranged by the Process Safety Group and LNG Operations to increase your knowledge in the following areas:
* Become familiar with the term Major Accident Hazard sites
* The 12 company process safety Risk Control Standards
* Track and provide data as requested for the Key Performance Indicator process
* Awareness of the company s US & UK Process Safety Groups
* Participate in the various layers of the Process Hazard Analysis function for your plant
* Participate in the performance of Risk Hazard Assessments for your plant
* Promote the process safety values to all your employees
* Other specific process safety related competencies as defined for your roles and responsibilities in the Company s US Process Safety Competency Management system.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Bachelor's degree in engineering and up to 5 years of related experience, or committed to on the job training programs with practical experience of methods, processes and techniques relevant to area or discipline.
* Technically proficient within LNG operations and regulations with experience of leading a team involved in operational services.
* Thorough knowledge of LNG regulations including Federal DOT LNG CFR 193 and NFPA 59A is desirable.
* Must have a good working knowledge of tools and systems within LNG plant operations.
* Possesses theoretical knowledge and understanding of National Grid s policies and processes and how to apply them effectively.
* Must have experience managing a team with the ability to build effective, respectful, working relationships.
* Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to apply consultation procedures and negotiation skills.
* Understands the importance of plant operations procedures and standards of working and demonstrates the ability to give directions or demonstrations with clear reasons and rationales.
* Requires the ability to think from first principles and demonstrates ability to challenge operations processes and use knowledge or trends to look at current situations or problems.
* Has the ability to understand and identify training or developmental needs of plant staff and design and establish new programs of work to support them.
* Able to coach, motivate and lead a team of operating and maintenance personnel and increase their capabilities.
* Must have a valid driver's license with safe driving history.
This position is one of National Grid s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
NATIONAL GRID IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT VALUES A BROAD DIVERSITY OF TALENT, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE.WE FOSTER A CULTURE OF INCLUSION THAT DRIVES EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT TO DELIVER SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE TO THE COMMUNITIES WE SERVE.NATIONAL GRID IS PROUD TO BE AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. WE ENCOURAGE MINORITIES, WOMEN, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES AND PROTECTED VETERANS TO JOIN THE NATIONAL GRID TEAM.
:MA-Lynn, MA-Dorchester, MA-Salem
:Jun 16, 2016, 1:10:28 PM