L'Oreal USA, Director Data Science
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONDirector, Data Science
Consumer & Market Intelligence
Location: Hudson Yards, NYC
Job Summary: Helping to lead the L Oreal Consumer Marketing Insights (CMI) team in executing data-driven analyses for brands and as well as the CMO organization through the lens of Data Science. Responsible for transforming and shaping a data-driven marketing science practice through: leadership, education, and rigorous inquiry.
Key Job Accountabilities
* Lead in the transformation of data-driven decision making in marketing to include predictive analytics
* Deliver on innovating and refining measurement methodologies for marketing that address broad and narrow business objectives
* Drives performance against business objectives which include, but are not limited to: growing revenue, growing share, increasing profitability
* Develop analytical road map that integrates modelling and predictive analytics into current and new business intelligence activities
* Collaborate closely with Digital IT to govern and help facilitate best practices in: Data Collection, Governance, and Hygiene
* Collaborate closely with Data Team to identify new sources of data relevant for modelling business outcomes
* Lead in the following analytical projects, but are not limited to: Product Recommendation Engines, Targeting Segmentation, Predictive Consumer Behavior Models
* Improvements to product and content search and sorting
* Prediction of subscriber churn, sample conversion, shop activation, etc.
* Evangelize Data-Influenced Decision Making within the broader organization via education, presentations, 1-on-1 conversations, etc.
Competencies Of Successful Candidates
* At least 3-5 years of relevant experience; Preferably 1 year of management experience.
* Strong understanding of retail (e-commerce, brick & mortar, indirect selling through wholesale
* Hands-On Experience in the following areas:
* Mathematics: Linear Algebra, Matrix Computation, Diffusion Geometry, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, etc.
* Statistical Tools: R, SAS, SPSS, SciPy, Stata, etc.
* Programming Languages: Python, C/C++, Java, Ruby, Perl, MATLAB, Pig, etc.
* Relational Databases: SQL-based systems, NewSQL systems (eg. Cloudera, etc.)
* Distributed Computing Systems: Hadoop, HBase, Cassandra, MapReduce, Hice, etc
* Data Mining
* Data Modelling
* Predictive Analytics: Machine Learning, Forecasting, etc.
* Visualization: Tableau, D3.js, etc
* Proven record of developing analytical products that drive business decisions and outcomes
* Proven ability to manage multiple projects with shifting and conflicting priorities and deadlines.
* Flexible communication style to collaborate with multiple stakeholders from varying backgrounds. Able to effectively translate and present analytics data to business users at the Manager / Director / VP level.
* Methodological mindset to test new ideas and work towards valid results.
* Proven ability to manage external suppliers and ensure top value and performance for organization
* Self-motivated and able to operate independently, as well as work effectively with others
* Ability and drive to work in a fast paced environment under short deadlines, tolerance for business ambiguity; the ability to thrive under quickly changing situations; adaptable, with ability to meet short turnaround times.
* Curiosity and tenacity to ask the right questions and follow through with answers.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.