This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
West Virginia University Hospital
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
Licensed Practical Nurse Clinic (60310)
* Current West Virginia licensure for practice nursing or licensure for practical nursing in another state with a temporary West Virginia practice permit (may not be waived).
* Obtain certification in Basic Life Support within 30 days of hire date.
SUMMARY: Provide nursing support to the physician and provides direct nursing care to patients in an outpatient setting. Serve as primary medical contact person to screen patients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Provide direct nursing care to patients in an outpatient medical office setting.
* Uses standards of care and standards of practice to guide care delivery.
* Accurately and safely administers intramuscular, subcutaneous, and oral medications as ordered.
* Consults with the Provider or Registered Nurse to seek guidance in delivery of nursing care, as necessary.
* Obtains instruction and supervision as necessary from the Provider or Registered Nurse when implementing nursing technique or practices.
* Performs designated therapeutic procedures to patients as needed.
* Accurately observes, records and reports to the Provider, all patient concerns, symptoms, reactions and progress in a timely manner.
* Assists Providers and the Registered Nurse with examinations and procedures, as assigned.
* Utilizes available supplies in a cost-effective manner to help contain patient costs.
* Provide emotional support to patients and/or families.
2. Participate in problem solving and decision making in the outpatient unit. Act to ensure staffing and patient needs are met.
3. Obtain medical information from patients. Take height, weight, blood pressure, and vital signs of the patient. Screen patient for chief complaint and pertinent health data. Record data gathered in patient s medical record and communicate data gathered to physician.
4. Work closely with office assistant and physician to facilitate patient's clinic visit. Ensure patient's chart is available. Escort patients to and from exam room. Assist with scheduling when necessary.
PERFORMANCE STANDARD : Adheres to the established Performance Expectations for WVUH Employees in the areas of People, Service, Performance Improvement, Shared Values & Culture.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS : The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The environmental factors and fundamental physical requirements ESSENTIAL to perform all the expected and potential duties of the LPN-Clinic role are as follows:
* HEAVY/HARD WORK: Work requires strength and/or stamina, lifting, moving, stooping, reaching, positioning of patients, standing, walking; carrying of patients, materials and equipment weighing 40+lbs. This is performed on a daily basis.
WORK ENVIRONMENT : The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Work is performed in a standard outpatient clinical environment. Volume of patients is very high. Position is frequently exposed to bloodborne pathogens, bodily fluids, toxins, and chemicals. Analytical skills are required to triage patients and recommend therapy.