This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 11/18/2016
Meridian Health System, Inc
A day in the life of a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) at Meridian includes:
* The primary role of the LPN is to provide nursing care under the supervision of the physician(s) and practice manager for the patients of the practice.
* We take pride in providing excellent customer service. To help promote high levels of service, all team members greet patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner. At each patient encounter, team members respond promptly to patients needs and listen with empathy both in person and on the telephone. The LPN monitors the flow in the waiting and exam areas to minimize delays.
* Prepares patient for examination and treatment; takes brief patient history that includes chief complaint, vital signs, and weight; assists physician with procedures; draws blood and obtains urine specimens; administers injections as approved; provides patient instructions per physician s order; conducts authorized in-office tests
* Assists the physician with coordinating patient care in the office, hospital, to referring physicians, and ancillary facilities.
* Proactively reviews chart (either paper or EMR) in advance of patient intake. Completes all authorized patient chart documentation in an accurate, legible and timely manner.
* Proactively initiates phone calls to ensure patients are provided with all necessary information. Informs patients of test results according to guidelines of the practice and care or follow up instructions. All information relayed to patients is clearly and accurately documented in the patient s chart, signed and dated. Responds to calls as per office protocol and HIPAA guidelines.
* Responsible for the preparation of the examination rooms. Accurately and promptly sets up examination rooms, materials and equipment. Proactively monitors required stock level per practice protocol, and anticipates unique supply needs for patients/provider.
* Consistently complies with CLIA, OSHA, and other state/government regulatory standards/ requirements and agencies. Ensures that medical waste and syringes and needles are handled, and disposed of properly.
* Team Work in a practice is critical to our success. As such, all team members must display cooperative interactions with others and accepts responsibility for what needs to get done. Team members perform a broad range of assignments with efficiency and accuracy and in a positive manner.
* Graduate of accredited LPN program
* 2 years experience in a medical office- family practice/internal medicine a plus!
* NJ LPN License required
* CPR certification
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.