LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse)
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
JOB SUMMARY: Reporting directly to the Practice Manager and Director of Nursing, this position is responsible for performing the duties of an office Licensed Practical Nurse as well as acting as a clinical resource for the unlicensed practice staff.
* Answers incoming calls from providers and patients.Triages patient calls utilizing approved triage protocols and with appropriate RN or provider clinical oversight. Documents clinical information per policy.
* Performs duties related to assisting the physician in the care of patients, including scheduling of tests; ordering of supplies, equipment, films and scans; monitoring and following up test results in collaboration with the provider and assisting with in-office procedures. Performs vitals signs, EKGs and medication administration, including injections as directed by the providers.
* Facilitates urgent or routine appointments and manages prescription refill requests. Responsible for care coordination and discharge care calls and appointment scheduling. Answers patient questions and exhibits strong telephone interviewing skills.
* Delegates tasks to unlicensed staff as needed. May lead clinical huddles for unlicensed staff support.
* Assists support staff with issues or patient concerns that require immediate attention or conflict resolution. Provides training to unlicensed staff as needed. Continues to update clinical knowledge and skills though consultation, the review of literature and formal and informal education including CEU's.
* Vocational or Technical training in Diploma in Nursing from a professional accredited Practical Program required.
* License Licensed Practicing Nurse required., and Certificate 1 Basic Life Support required.
* 1-3 years related work experience required.
* Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
* At least 1-3 years in a clinical setting, preferably primary care. The ability to assume responsibility for the coordination of patient care in an outpatient setting while working as part of a team of both professional and non-professional staff.
* Outstanding customer service skills. Ability to respond in stressful situations with a pleasant demeanor.
* Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
* Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
* Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
AGE BASED COMPETENCIES:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
HOURS = FULL-TIME (BENEFITS) Monday-Friday, 40-hours/week.
Seeking full-time LPN for family practice.
BIDHC Waltham is a newly renovated practice providing comprehensive family care at a convenient Waltham location right off of Route 95/128. The Waltham practice offers primary care for the entire family as well as a wide variety of other general practice services.
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the linked poster:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf